Dakota Shy is a state-of-the-art boutique winery located in St. Helena, Napa Valley. We have a small, dynamic team that is dedicated to making world-class wines from our portfolio of exceptional vineyards.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals with a desire to learn more about the process of winemaking while working directly alongside our winemaker, assistant winemaker and production assistants.
• Opportunity to work with the best Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc Napa Valley has to offer.
• Join winemaking team in assessing and sampling our 17 vineyards (50% valley floor, 50% mountain AVAs) which span Napa Valley from North to South.
• Hands-on, small lot fermentations.
• Tasting of fermenting lots for education and lot assessment.
• Harvest lunches provided on “fruit days.”
• Daily “blind wine” tasting at lunch to further knowledge.
• Employee wine allocation.
• $25/hr; guaranteed 40-hour weeks from August 14 through November 17.
• Attention to detail, hard work, and fun with our committed team!
We ask that applicants are passionate about wine, can work well with a small team and arrive with enthusiasm for our most critical time of year. Previous harvest, wine, microbiology, enology, or viticulture experience/education are a positive but not necessary.
Successful applicants will have a valid driver’s license, transportation and housing; Are able to communicate effectively in English; Have current legal US work status; Willing to work with limited days off. Reliability and self-motivation are essential skills.
Commonly required tasks include, but are not limited to, work in confined spaces, climb a ladder, stand and walk for long periods of time, repeatedly lift 50 pounds, work with winery sanitation chemicals, use personal protective equipment, work outdoors and indoors. Fruit Processing, fermentation management, drain and pressing, barrel filling and racking, winery upkeep, and topping make up the fun stuff.
Employment for harvest will begin August 14 through November 17.