• • • • • •
The Culinary/Support will be responsible for all aspects of food service, including but not limited to: ordering and vendor relationships, organization, limited preparation, and plating. This position also includes exciting opportunities to assist in development and execution of new culinary offerings and events.
*The following reflects essential functions for this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Culinary Operations Execution
• Best-in-class experience execution -Responsible for supporting the execution of all Visitor's Center activities and guest experiences
• Menu and recipe creation expertise
• Hands on - this position will actively be involved in hands on cooking, plating, organization, and preparation for guest experiences and events
• Guest Service Support-Daily check-ins with the Guest Services team, ensure priorities, timelines and desired outcomes are clear on an on-going basis
• Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) - Create, refine and enforce Culinary and Food Service SOPs for the Visitor's Center that clearly define processes and procedures for operational activities
• Training & Food Service Standards-is certified according to necessary standards on food & service safety standards
• Sanitation and Compliance - Responsible for the culinary facilities and ensuring that they are inline with health and sanitation county guidelines and always ready to pass inspections
• Scullery Support-This position requires hands on washing of dishes as well as supporting the other hospitality support staff and all other positions in keeping a tidy workspace.
• Inventory - Responsible for overall management of on-site culinary and culinary related inventory including inventory count and reconciliation on daily and monthly basis
• Food Cost - Responsible for maintaining a healthy and sustainable food cost that is aligned with the allocated culinary budget
• Company Wide Food Program - Works in tandem with the other properties to ensure best possible execution of culinary objectives.
Education / Experience:
• Culinary background required
• Proven record of setting and meeting objectives (both professional and personal)
• Attention to detail in all activities
• Creativity, enthusiasm, professionalism and proactive approach to problem solving are all essential attributes for success in this position.
Competencies & Attributes:
• Excellent quality standards related to culinary experience required.
• Highest cleanliness and health standards required.
• Strong detail and multi-tasking skills.
• This position requires flexibility and willingness to adapt quickly to changing priories.
• Respectful and mature.
• Willingness to embrace and practice the values and mission of Huneeus Vintners.
• Solid wine knowledge is preferred.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lifts 100 pounds.
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and periodic overtime
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to walk on flat and sloped terrain
• Requires the ability to sit bend, stoop, twist and walk over uneven surfaces for prolonged periods of time
Huneeus Vintners is a dynamic collection of premium wines/wineries. The portfolio includes Quintessa, Faust, Illumination; all produced in Napa Valley; Flowers Vineyard and Winery produced on the extreme Sonoma Coast. Most recently Leviathan, in Napa Valley and Benton-Lane located in the Oregon wine country joined our portfolio. We are singularly focused on producing the highest quality wines and promoting them through a committed distributor network to passionate restaurateurs and retailers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Huneeus Vintners LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Pay range for this role is $25-$27 + competitive benefits package.
Location: St. Helena, CA 94574
Category: DTC, Tasting Room and Retail