The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company. We were established in 1976 by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn. Today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark.
The Duckhorn Portfolio is looking to for Harvest Interns/Seasonal Sugar Samplers to support our grower relations in Napa, Lake, and Solano Counties. This position will help with grape maturity field sample processing, field scouting, data collection and entry during the 2023 harvest season. The estimate timeframe for this internship is June - November 15th, 2023.
What we will ask you to do:
• Vineyard maturity, sugar sampling and processing.
• Vineyard scouting, data collection and data entry.
• Harvest logistical support as needed.
• Follow all safety protocols.
What you will need:
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Computer skills, including Excel and Word.
• Positive attitude and self-starter.
• Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Ability to drive and work in various temperatures/environments.
• Experience with sampling a plus.
• Viticulture or Plant Science coursework a plus.
What we will provide:
• The hourly range for this position is $18 - $20
• We offer a $500 hiring bonus (completion of the internship work period required)
• Discounts on wine and merchandise.
• Sick time accrual.
• A diverse team of coworkers that care about each other in a fun, exciting work environment.
• A company that promotes from within, provides great training and development programs and opportunities.