The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company. We were established in 1976 by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn. Today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark.
Every great tradition begins with innovation. In 1994, as part of Duckhorn wine Company, Paraduxx was created to allow the winemaker the freedom to explore other winemaking styles and varietals other than Bordeaux varietals. Come join this luxury blend house for an exciting harvest experience. Interns will assist with Grape Maturity samples as well as routine lab work, assist with grape processing, fermentation management, additions and inoculations, our extensive barrel program, in addition to other essential cellar tasks.
What we will ask you to do:
• Grape receiving activities.
• Wine/must movements.
• Additions to wines/musts.
• Cap management practices (punch-downs/pump-overs).
• Fermentation monitoring.
• Barrel activities (filling/racking/topping).
• Equipment and tank sanitation.
• Grape sample processing.
• Wine sampling and lab work (pH, TA, Brix, FSO2).
• Forklift driving helpful but not required.
• Other tasks as necessary.
What you will need:
• A positive attitude and reliability.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements.
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
• Prior experience and the ability to speak Spanish are helpful but not required.
• Good reading, writing and math skills.
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures.
• Ability to drive a truck.
• Valid CA Driver’s license and clean DMV record required.
What we will provide:
• The hourly range for this position is $19 - $22/hr. (DOE).
• We offer a $500 hiring bonus (completion of the internship work period required)
• Discounts on wine and merchandise.
• Sick time accrual.
• A diverse team of coworkers that care about each other in a fun, exciting work environment.
• A company that promotes from within, provides great training and development programs and opportunities.