Wine Educator (Full-Time)
Ashes & Diamonds Winery is a love letter to Napa Valley as it was when it took the world stage in the 1960s, revealing itself as a geological wonderland capable of world-class wines.
Located at the gateway of Napa Valley along its main artery, Highway 29, Ashes & Diamonds Winery’s mid-century approach extends to its architecture. As an homage, the iconic zig-zag roof and portholes are a few of the iconic references to the heritage of California mid-century modern design, seamlessly integrated with a state-of-the-art wine production facility surrounded by light, airy landscapes and playful, rolling berms.
Ashes & Diamonds Winery is the ultimate convergence of modern and old-school flavors, committed to offering a wide-ranging group of wines that adhere to an ethos of light-handed winemaking and transparency of terroir.
OBJECTIVE: The A&D Wine Educator is primarily responsible for educating guests about our wines, communicating our mission and extending hospitality to a range of new guests and club members. Also responsible for conducting regular trainings with the hospitality team. Candidates should have a passion for wine, a strong interest in food, art and culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet all visitors to A&D, pour wines for tasting, discuss wine and respond to customer questions as appropriate.
• Ensure that every visitor thoroughly enjoys their wine-tasting experience and leaves highly impressed with our wines.
• Can accurately describe wines, wine-making techniques, winery history, appellations and unique aspects of wines.
• Effectively promote and sell wine and wine club memberships to customers.
• Handle purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting for daily sales and processing returns and discounts.
• Take initiative for self-development in the area of understanding our wines, our brands, general hospitality and in acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participate in company-sponsored wine education and development opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to interstate shipping of wine to consumers and their impact on day-to-day wine shipments.
• Participate in and assist with special hospitality events at the winery.
• Wash and polish glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assist with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Represent winery at outside functions as required.
• 2 years in a winery, restaurant position or equivalent education/work experience.
• Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines and display appropriate sense of urgency.
• Ability to hit sales and club sign-up goals.
• Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends.
• Ability to multitask and problem-solve effectively and efficiently.
• Positive and professional attitude; self-motivated.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Lift and handle materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Stand on hard surface for extended periods.
• Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry and reach over shoulder.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
ALIGNED VALUES – Successful employees will share in our values:
Job Posted: 3/21/23
Type of Work: Full-Time