JOB TITLE: Tasting Room Busser
DEPARTMENT: Tasting Room
REPORTS TO: Retail & Hospitality Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-Exempt
For forty years, Sequoia Grove Winery has been obsessed with the details that go into crafting our Napa Valley wines and single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons. Our commitment to quality starts in the vineyard; we grow the very best grapes in the finest terroir to form the foundation of our wines. Quality is intrinsic to everything we do, from wine making to our gracious hospitality; it’s engrained in our culture and the vanguard of our philosophy. The next step in our compelling evolution begins in 2018 with the introduction of our new state-of-the-art wine making and hospitality facilities. At Sequoia Grove, we’ve been carving our own path for decades while never losing sight of who we are; rooted in history, guided by integrity, resolute in our values, and committed to the future.
Responsible for enhancing the brand value of Sequoia Grove Winery by creating positive customer relationships through exceptional guest experiences, resulting in wine sales now and in the future. Assists servers and tasting room hospitality staff in maintaining clean, safe, efficient, and well-stocked work areas. This hourly, non-exempt position is part-time and requires flexibility to work weekdays, weekends and holidays. Overtime occasionally required, often on short notice.
• Works effectively with tasting room team through daily duties and operations.
• Obtains service area assignments at the beginning of each shift.
• Set-ups and clean-ups, assists the team as needed.
• Checks floors and tidies restrooms periodically, cleans or re-stocks as required.
• Carries trays in hands and glassware on a tray, bussing in the presence of guests.
• Greets, seats guests, or re-sets tables for new guests as needed.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation at all times; performs closing clean-up duties.
• Assists servers in maintaining cleanliness and bar stock (during the busiest hours) of all current wines, breadsticks, water, glasses, merchandise, etc.
• Washes, polishes and replenishes glassware, plates or silverware.
• Washes tasting room dishes.
• Restocks wine and merchandise display areas.
• Assists with wine inventory receipts and organization.
• Assists in packing guest orders as needed.
• Takes wine out to guests’ cars as needed.
• Assists other staff members as needed to ensure optimum service to all patrons.
• Fully supports the Winery’s policies and procedures.
• Fully supports the Company’s commitment towards established Safety practices and policies.
• Supports and demonstrates commitment to the Company’s sustainability and green initiatives/practices, including energy and resource efficiency, recycling programs, etc.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Previous bussing experience preferred.
• Excellence in creating/providing guest experiences in keeping with Sequoia Grove Winery core values and brand image.
• Ability to communicate with visitors in a confident, knowledgeable, warm and friendly manner.
• Ability to follow directions and manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proactive; anticipates needs and works to meet them.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Must be 18 years of age.
Performance will be measured against accomplishment of job responsibilities and annual goals and strategic objectives using Sequoia Grove’s performance review system.
Most job responsibilities will be performed in the Tasting Room and other Visitor Center locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to possess ambulatory skills sufficient to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Must also repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
SEQUOIA GROVE WINERY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT. (EOE M/V/F/D)