Francis Ford Coppola Presents is seeking a collaborative and business-minded individual to join our team as a Director of Business Operations for our expanding portfolio of boutique hotels, restaurants, and wine & spirit brands. Our director will work with hotel General Managers, Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage teams, and domestic and international financial accounting teams to deliver a world class guest experience and further our businesses. This is a newly created position that will partner with the CFO and internal service departments (Legal, IT & People Operations) to effectively manage day-to-day business as well as have financial oversight of ongoing and new projects. The successful individual has an innovative, adaptable, and purposeful approach that is integral to our business.
Equity Statement: All employees shall embrace the unique contributions based on the diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and identities of each individual as we actively create and promote a company culture that is inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of all people.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial Budgeting and Capital Management (30%) Financial performance planning, including periodic reforecasts and reviews. Works with General Managers, Director of S&M, Director of F&B and financial teams on their annual and monthly budgets. Reviews and reports on monthly financial performance. Partners with management to analyze and implement opportunities to reduce expenses and improve profitability. Evaluates and approves purchase requests. Participates in management of banking relationships in partnership with CFO.
2. Strategic Planning/Revenue Forecasts (25%) Works with General Managers and Directors to develop strategic plans, revenue forecasts, sales & marketing plans, and long-term financial projections; Analysis of key performance indicators and customer relationship management; Annual and monthly review and reporting of financials including profit and loss statements and variance analysis for presentation to the CFO.
3. Special Projects (25%) Reviews and vets projects including capital improvements, repairs & maintenance, and construction to prepare for approval. Routine tracking of expenditures versus budget. Works with managers to prepare project proposals. Works with project managers on both renovations and new hotel construction. Responsible for software upgrades and transition (property management and accounting systems). Works with CFO to ensure proper insurance and risk management.
4. Liaison with Legal, IT, People Operations (20%); Reviews contracts and agreements in conjunction with Legal. Advises on process improvement including equipment and software purchases. Partners with People Operations regarding employee performance, development, and company policies. Leads routine meetings between leadership teams and central office; facilitates communication and synergies between locations and departments.
Supervisory Responsibilities: General supervision of domestic and international accounting teams.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or accounting required. Strong financial background with 10 years or more of experience in business or finance operations for luxury hospitality and/or resort industries.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others in interpersonal interactions and in writing. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Diversity Oriented – Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Financial Aptitude – Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare, and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
• Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Strategic Planning – Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
• Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Software – Strong working knowledge of major accounting software programs (Microsoft Dynamics, Sage 50), Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).