Schramsberg, America's House of Sparkling Wine is seeking a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Title: Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Reports to: HR Manager
Location: Schramsberg Vineyards, Calistoga, CA
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life/LTD (Paid by Employer) Vision, 401K, PTO, Wine and Clothing Allocation.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for several administrative tasks such as directing and providing information to visitors, customers or vendors either in person, over the phone or by email. To include the coordination of processing donations, company mail, deliveries, conference room availability, maintaining the company master calendar, office supplies and water deliveries. This position also provides administrative support to the Human Resources/Office Manager as directed.
Administrative Assistant – 70%
- Directs and provides information to visitors, customers and vendors to the appropriate person or department.
- Answers, screens, and directs calls on a multi-line phone system in a courteous & professional manner.
- Routes general company emails to the appropriate person or department.
- Sorts company incoming mail and coordinates mail distribution.
- Handles the outgoing company mail and takes it to the post office.
- Answers inquiries to visitors and/or potential visitors with general information about tours and tastings.
- Utilizes program Cellar Pass as a resource for answering general questions only.
- Forwards all calls for new reservations, revisions, availability and purchases to the Visitor Center.
- Take messages on behalf of delayed tasting experiences and forwards them to the reservationist as a priority.
- Provides distributor information to customers seeking our wines locally.
- Coordinates and processes company donations, including making donation recommendations and confirming details with the donation requestors.
- Assists with the process of various trade donations for special events and tastings.
- Maintains office supplies by checking inventory levels, anticipates the need for supplies, places orders and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Coordinates deliveries and maintains water inventory for the company.
- Maintains company master calendar to date.
- Orders and coordinates the process of distributing employee Birthday Cards.
- Maintains the company phone list.
- Maintains direct contact with assigned vendor accounts and schedules maintenance appointments as needed.
- Serves as the main contact for general information within the company.
- Assists with the assembly of various marketing brochures for the entire company.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties for various departments as assigned.
- Assists (pour, host, food/wine stations, set-up and break down) with special events and tastings on property as needed.
- Update, maintain, and keep an inventory of Schramsberg & Davies Vineyards label archives.
- On occasions, assists with coordination, and set up of trade virtual tastings and meetings.
- Verify and code vendor invoices in correlation to designated departments for accounting purposes.
Human Resources Support – 30%
- Performs special projects for the HR department under the direction of the HR Manager.
- Maintains and updates an accurate list of employee birth dates to distribute Birthday cards.
- Helps facilitate company trainings under the direction of the HR Manager.
- Maintains and keeps track of mandatory completed trainings, for example, RBS, Sexual Harassment Prevention, Forklift and ServSafe Trainings.
- Maintains and updates the company list of eligible company drivers.
- Assists in the recruiting process by posting jobs, setting up interviews, pre-employment appointments and the onboarding process.
- Answers routine questions to employees regarding benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Helps with the presentation of company medical benefits to new employees when required.
- Helps with the collection of timesheets to process payroll for hourly employees.
- Performs basic routine functions of the HR Manager in their absence as needed.
- Participates in company employee, industry and club events as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in an office environment.
- High level of professional communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- AMS Software experience desired, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize routine tasks, phones and projects.
- Solid technical experience and be comfortable with online databases.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Able to multitask on different tasks at the same time.
- Have an enthusiastic and motivated work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior Winery experience preferred.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please send us your resume!