Stag's Leap Wine Cellars is a luxury wine estate that is proud to call Napa Valley our home. We are best known for producing the Cabernet Sauvignon that beat the best of Bordeaux in the 1976 Judgment of Paris. Today, we specialize in Cabernet Sauvignon but also produce Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay and several wines that are only available direct to consumer. Our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities, and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from one of the best regions in world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Cellar III Worker.
In this role, you will:
• Introduction to press operations, dumping, cleaning and pressing.
• Effectively complete wine or juice transfers or movements from one tank to another
• Lead rack and inoculations of white juice
• Lead on shipping wine out project
• Lead on receiving wine in project
• Basic understanding of blending procedures and work order format
• Prepare wine for bottling non estates adjusting temperature using heat exchanger. DO2 using the sparging setup and Do2 meter and adjusts FSo2
• Basic understanding of data for wine analysis results and ranges for TAPH TS02 FS02
• Effectively Bull Dog Pup finished wine out of barrels into tank (white and red wine)
• Effectively complete rackings of Napa program wines
• Lead SO2 and topping project for non-estates wines
• Perform additions of finding agents to wine
• Clean, sanitize and operate the heat exchange unit
• Assist outside vendors set-up in wine projects like (Mobile bottlers, reverse osmosis and less filtration)
• Assist with bulk wine inventory
• Weigh Master Certification
• Perform barrel inventory
• Lead in cleaning and securing work areas at the end of the day
• Actively look and report areas in the cellar that need attention for cleaning or organizing
• Actively look and report equipment that needs to be fixed or maintained
• Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• Projects can take place both indoors and outdoors where temperatures can range from cold to hot depending on the season.
• Noise level is usually moderate.
• Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly required to roll, move, and/or lift 60-gallon empty wine barrels when needed.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Ability to read and understand all Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to lead projects and lead small group of team members.
• Ability to accurately calculate figures.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Must be able to be certified in forklift operation.
• Ability to work nights and/or weekends during the harvest season or as business requires.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• At least four to five years of previous wine or beverage production experience.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and tackle problems.
• You value inclusion and work to build an environment where everyone feels encouraged and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new insights.
• You make an impact by being ambitious and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our 401k programs and incentive compensation programs.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.