The Human Resource Generalist will assist in the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications
• Job postings, recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
• Schedules interviews and flight arrangements for interview candidates
• Conducts or acquires employment eligibility verifications
• Implements new hire orientation, schedule and coordinate onboarding for new hires
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
• Administers and assists in Worker’s Compensation investigations, obtaining proper information and following up on the claims
• Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
• Payroll processing for sub-companies including but not limited to employee setup and review of punches in accordance with state and federal standards
• Employee Relations answering and handling requests/information discovery
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• Hospitality experience (DTC, Restaurant, Tasting Room/Wine Lounge) and Winery experience a plus
• At least one year of human resources experience preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish, preferred