Founded in 2006 by brothers Jim and Essel Bailey and friend Tom Costin, Knights Bridge Winery is nestled in the undeveloped west side of Knights Valley, the warmest appellation in Sonoma County. The organically farmed estate rises to 900 feet in elevation on the rocky slopes of the Mayacamas mountain range, at the perfect intersection of climate and location. Guided by a deep respect for nature, a commitment to excellence, and a desire to share the remarkable beauty of the vineyard, Knights Bridge seeks to make wines of energy and purpose that are unmistakable expressions of their estate terroir. Today, Knights Bridge is on the cusp of a truly exciting time, with a new winery currently under construction and set to complete by fall 2021. Eight years in the making, the facility will be the second ever built in Knights Valley, with inspired design and thoughtful, minimal-impact construction, perfectly in sync with the pristine vineyard landscape.
The Wine Ambassador acts as a representative and host to walk-in guests for Knights Bridge Winery in our Calistoga Tasting Room, as well as by-appointment guests in the Vault Room, and off-site at the Brannon Cottage Inn and Solbar. The position also works to build and maintain long-term relationships with referral sources (concierge, winery partners, restaurants, drivers, etc.), execute direct sales via phone and email, and increase Tasting Room foot traffic to meet the company’s long-term goals. The position works closely with other departments to enhance and elevate the Knights Bridge Winery image to achieve prestige, growth, and profitability. Successful candidates will demonstrate genuine positivity, integrity, efficiency, and a growing knowledge about our wines, all while providing excellent and personalized guest service to every visitor. The Wine Ambassador will have opportunities to work collaboratively on many other aspects of wine sales and marketing, including networking, wine club, and social media marketing. Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays is essential, as are exceptional guest service skills, motivated sales habits, and a strong commitment to creating a collaborative work environment.
This role is a full-time position with benefits and is eligible for a $250 hiring bonus after successfully completing a 90 day introductory period. We offer a competitive hourly rate, commissions, wine club bonus; a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K; sick, vacation and paid company holidays; and a generous employee discount.
• Greet all guests in a gracious, friendly, welcoming manner, and maintain a helpful and accommodating attitude as a representative of the company to ensure that every visitor feels a positive and genuine connection with the winery.
• Quickly build relationships with walk-in Tasting Room guests through interactive tasting experiences, sharing the Knights Bridge story, wines, and estate vineyard information. Work to develop and maintain long-term guest relationships for the winery through follow up correspondence, personal thank you notes, and Wine Direct and SalesForce notations.
• Strive to achieve team and individual sales goals, including new Curated Collection and Club KB memberships, and by providing engaging tastings and exceptional guest service as well as following all company SOPs. Assist in tracking daily, weekly, and monthly tasting room metrics and provide wine club shipping administration support.
• Conduct local outreach, networking, and promotion of the tasting experience as well as set up, conduct, and manage tasting appointments through the reservations system and on the Google calendar. Maintain appropriate contact with the guest before and after the visit through appointment confirmations and thank you notes.
• Set-up and host a wide range of tasting experiences; duties may include setting up and then cleaning up seated tastings, (napkins, plates, cutlery, water, collateral, pen) opening wine, washing glasses, polishing stemware, setting up cheese and charcuterie plates, and clearing after guests depart.
• Process orders in Wine Direct then track through to delivery to ensure a seamless guest experience, including sending thank you notes, emails, and following up for future sales. Maintain current data in SalesForce on each guest experience and purchases to enable future sales.
• Proactively engage with phone and email sales campaigns, reaching out to current and past Knights Bridge guests to offer current and library release wines. Coordinate and collaborate with the Director of DTC Sales to create, plan, revise, and implement sales strategies and administration related to sales activities.
• Maintain and build the Sales Force database with details of customer calls, referral account visits and meetings. Document contact information and wine notes in Google sheets with personal CRM information added to Salesforce.
• Assist with in-house shipping operations to fulfill orders in an accurate, timely and efficient manner. Perform follow-up administration to ensure proper shipment tracking and guest service.
• Ensure that all assigned daily, weekly, and monthly reports and administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time. Check in with DTC Sales Director and VP of Sales and Marketing during down times to assist with additional administrative duties.
• Work towards creating an environment in which all employees can contribute their full range of talents to the accomplishment of organizational goals; build respectful relationships; mentor and lead by example.
• Provide motivation, positivity, enthusiasm, and build teamwork with winery colleagues.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time as well as lift, move, and carry up to 45 lbs.