Family owned for over 40 years, Rombauer Vineyards seeks an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented Direct to Consumer Operations Specialist to join the team at our beautiful winery and picturesque outdoor garden tasting area in the heart of the Napa Valley.
We are seeking someone who shares our core values of teamwork, integrity and passion. The ideal candidate truly enjoys problem solving, working with people, is professional, self-motivated, organized, and efficient with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Retail Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring that all DTC back office operations are handled appropriately, professionally, accurately and in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and receivables:
• Daily review and processing of all DTC payments, orders and shipments, including identifying, researching and resolving all related issues
• Ongoing review of open sales orders, including monthly reconciliation with POS system
• Manage DTC related customer ledgers to ensure accuracy on all open items in preparation for month end inventory reconciliation
• Monitor Tasting Room deposits and resolve all related issues
• Work closely with DTC and Marketing to ensure visibility to inventory levels for ongoing ecommerce campaigns
• Ensure that inventory levels at DTC-related locations are adequate and make sure that transfers are handled appropriately and timely
• Set up merchandise and food SKUs in DTC related systems
• Work closely with DTC and Accounting to ensure that month-end inventory counts are entered into the accounting system, issues are researched and resolved, and inventory is closed in a timely manner
• Utilizing eCommerce, compliance and fulfillment platforms, proactively monitor and resolve order flow issues to ensure timely shipments and deliveries
• Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure our customers receive products on time
• Ensure that order returns and replacements are handled timely and accurately
• Support shipping with returns/printing labels, when needed
• Work with Accounts Payable to ensure invoices and packing slips are provided in a timely manner
• Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Associate’s Degree or 4 year accounting degree preferred
• 2+ years previous accounts receivable processing experience within the wine industry
• Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles
• Proficient use of Excel, Word
• Knowledge of wine and DTC (Direct to Consumer) sales practices
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and maintain high standards of accuracy with strong attention to detail
• Good communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 40 lbs
• Wine industry accounting, including experience with Navision
• Familiarity with compliance guidelines and the Ship Compliant portal preferred
Come join our friendly and knowledgeable staff and become a part of our family! Rombauer Vineyards offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a positive work environment where team members are devoted to the highest quality of customer satisfaction delivered with a sense of graciousness, pride, fun, and company spirit. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance free to the employee, as well as 401k with an employer match and a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). Medical, dental and vision for dependents is also available with more that 50 percent of the cost covered by Rombauer Vineyards.
Any employment offer is conditional until successful completion and passing of a pre-employment physical examination, approval of your driving record by our insurance carrier, and drug screening paid for by Rombauer Vineyards.