Vista D'oro Farms & Winery - Farmgate Shop & Tasting Room is seeking energetic, enthusiastic, outgoing individuals who love great wine and food and can share their passion with guests to join our sales and hospitality team at our culinary tourism destination in beautiful South Langley. The ideal candidate must be outgoing, personable, and skilled in providing exceptional customer experiences. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must! Previous winery tasting room experience is preferred, however we are willing to train the right person.
Responsibilities will be varied – including, delivering an exquisite educational tasting experience, promoting Vista D'oro Wines & Preserves. Duties also include all aspects of daily operations: retail sales, stocking wine and culinary offerings, glass washing/polishing, general cleaning. Strong background in food & wine hospitality preferred.
• Professional, positive demeanor
• Creative and organized with an excellent work ethic
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for wine and food
• Intense desire to provide the ultimate in hospitality & customer care
• Ability to conduct tours, host groups & provide educational experience
• Must be 19 years of age or older
• Food Safe Certificate & Serving It Right Certificate
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
• Greets all visitors to the farm and pours wines for tasting.
• Describes preserves, wines, answers visitor’s questions
• Maintains stock of wines & preserves
• Assists customers with picnic options at the farm
• Assists with special events/tastings as needed
• General cleaning and upkeep of tasting room/picnic area
This is a part-time seasonal position, which includes a Saturday & Sunday schedule. Please email a resume and cover letter.