Hester Creek Estate Winery, located on the Golden Mile Bench in Oliver, BC is looking for an experienced cellar hand to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• General cellar duties from harvest to bottling, including transfers, racking, additions, barrel work, filtering, inoculations.
• Winery sanitation of tanks, equipment, and cellar/crush pad.
• Harvest and crush pad operations that include grape sampling, fruit sorting and processing.
• Forklift operations of barrels and grape bins.
• Assisting with bottling operations.
• Participate in lab tastings and trials.
• Maintain and organize inventory of cellar goods.
Ideal Candidate would have:
• Diploma or degree in wine related field.
• Previous cellar and harvest experience.
• Forklift experience.
• Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Valid driver’s licence and clean driving record.
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
This is a full time, permanent, hourly position which includes benefits after a 3-month probationary period. Wage dependant on experience.
Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications to Mark Hopley.