Monte Creek Winery is searching for eligible candidates to fulfill the role of Cellar Master. Candidates are expected to be detail-oriented, ambitious, and dependable.
Responsibilities of the Cellar Master include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain equipment to specifications. Book and oversee all maintenance to be completed by sub-trades within the framework of a maintenance budget.
• Perform cellar tasks from harvest to bottle, including crushpad operations, barrel work, transfers/rackings, inoculations, filtration, bottling.
• Keep the cellar and warehouse at optimal levels of sanitation at all times.
• Create and suggest solutions to winemaking issues or enhancements to company SOPs.
• Maintain an inventory of all packaging components.
• Order additional packaging components in a timely manner that coordinate with the production schedule and works within a budget.
• Train and supervise harvest cellar staff.
• Able to work independently while respecting company SOPs.
• Assist in company safety compliance, including regularly updating SWPs and acting as Production Department safety officer.
• Experience or training within the following fields an asset:
o Agricultural or winemaking equipment maintenance and repair
o Electrical engineering
• At least one year of full time work equivalent in a winery or food and beverage processing setting.
• Interest in winemaking, organics, and sustainability.
• Proficient in MS Office, with computer literacy to learn winery tracking software.
• Fluent or strong working proficiency in English, Spanish an asset.
• Forklift experience.
• Supervisory experience an asset.
• Ability to work up to six days a week on variable or rotating shifts.
• Ability to climb stairs and to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
Remuneration: Based on experience and access to company medical/dental benefit plan after six months.
Monte Creek Winery is located in the South Thompson valley, 20 minutes east of Kamloops, British Columbia. Monte Creek produces a range of premium wines from its three vineyards located in the Thompson and Similkameen Valley regions. The winery is currently expanding, with a new gravity flow expansion to be completed in 2021. Total production at Monte Creek is 300 tons, with capacity expected to reach 700 tons.