Hidden Bench Estate Winery is looking for a Harvest Laboratory Technician to be a part of the 2021 Vintage Team. Please visit www.hiddenbench.com to learn more about our winegrowing philosophy and our approach to 100% Estate, organic viticulture.
The role will be responsible for the following:
* Pre-harvest fruit maturity sampling & analyses (Brix, pH, TA).
* Juice/must analyses (Brix, pH, TA, Malic Acid, YAN).
* Fermentation Monitoring (Brix/Temp using DMA).
* Finished wine analyses (Alcohol, pH, TA, Malic, Volatile Acidity, Residual Sugar).
* Assist with Fruit Receival, Processing and Cellarwork when lab work minimal.
Experience & Skills:
* Diploma or Degree in Viticulture & Winemaking.
* Previous experience in a winery laboratory with one harvest minimum.
* Experience using Spectrophotometer is a great asset.
* Previous experience with cellarwork an asset (ie; Pumpovers, Rackings, Topping, etc.)
* Ability to carry out the necessary vineyard sampling and cellarwork.
* Eligible to work in Ontario, Canada. No LMIA will be submitted for international applicants.
* A Valid Driver's License. A vehicle is an asset in order to carry out vineyard sampling.
Compensation is dependent upon experience and paid hourly with over-time paid after 44hrs/week.