Mission Hill Family Estate Winery
West Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
Be part of the next great story in wine!
Mission Hill Family Estate:
Firmly rooted in the Okanagan, our family winery began with an audacious vision – to redefine what’s possible for Canadian wine in the eyes of the world. With have a deep commitment to the region, and a relentless passion to produce wines that can stand alongside the best in the world. Our wines are crafted with bold precision and an uncompromising respect for the diverse vineyards and micro-climates here, expressing the extraordinary history that began with one bold dream.
Our culture is unapologetically fast paced, entrepreneurial, and results driven. Each team member is a storyteller and makes an impact on a family-owned business that is building a lasting legacy in the Canadian wine industry. Our people have relentless drive to always raise the bar, a genuine entrepreneurial spirit, a passion and love for what we do, to all act like owners, and to constantly innovate. We act with a sense of urgency, do everything possible to always overdeliver for our customers, and treat each other with humility and authenticity
Who You Are:
You seek to surprise and exceed expectations at every step of the customer journey. You excel in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with quality product and a brand to be proud of. Our business moves fast, and so do you. And beyond all that you are authentic, respectful, and pride yourself as a true team player.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead and motivate seasonal team, ensuring a high level of performance and dedication. Set and lead clear, measurable, realistic expectations for guest service that are unique to the winery brand.
• Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, a culture of learning and a culture that never settles for the status quo. Inspire a high level of warmth and professionalism for the team, through personal presence, style and personality, modeling a genuine commitment to service excellence and gracious hospitality.
• Mentor, coach and educate the team to maximize their potential through regular business reviews and structured training.
• Deliver and host guest experiences designed to create special moments that leave lasting impressions as well as increase revenue through repeat visits.
• Oversee the delivery of the highest level of guest service by ensuring the team consistently exceeds guest expectations while maximizing potential revenue and minimizing costs.
• Develop and implement creative and innovative ways to engage guests
• Contribute topline results consistent with company goals and objectives, while effectively controlling your team’s schedules, labour costs and operating expenses, to optimize your team’s financial returns.
• Analyze consumer and market trends, identify opportunities and implement initiatives which showcase the winery, while maximizing profit to ensure long-term strategic brand growth
• Manage inventory control and depletion of wine, packaging materials, collateral etc.
• Provide ongoing training to the seasonal team as well as cross property wine training by collaborating with key stakeholders.
What We’re Looking For:
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Management, or related from a recognized institution
• WSET 3 or equivalent
• 3+ years progressive leadership in Hospitality, Food & Beverage, or Retail environment providing an outstanding consumer experience.
• Track record of proven results in visitor and employee satisfaction
• A personal passion for food and wine is a must; wine education is an asset.
• Expert communicator, both written and spoken, second language is an asset; experience of training/presenting to large groups.
• Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies – a strong background in a matrix organization is beneficial.
• Ability to mentor and set long-term goals to aid in the achievement of exceptional business results through others.
• You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable with change
• You put trust in others
• You listen, take feedback, respond quickly, and take initiative with a sense of urgency
• You are authentic, diplomatic, thoughtful, and always have the best intentions
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive paid training and access to extensive wine education
• Monthly Employee Wine Allowance
• Competitive salary
• Discounts at the Terrace Restaurant, Events, and at our Boutique on gifts and wine
• Free tastings for you and your guests
• Discounts on tours and Sommelier Experiences
• The opportunity to work in a “Post Card” setting on our iconic property
At Mission Hill, we live by our 5 Core Values every day:
Sense of Urgency
• We value sense of urgency because we are a fast-paced company in a fast-paced industry
• You act as if there is no tomorrow and get it done today
• We value authenticity because we need to stay real
• You are authentic, diplomatic, respectful, thoughtful and you always have the best intentions
• We value simplicity; why use 50 words when you can use 5?
• You thrive in ambiguity, are comfortable with change and bring simplicity to complex situations or grey area
• We value humility; there is no room for egos here
• You’re not stubborn, you listen, take feedback/direction and respond quickly to changing direction. We are a team that supports each other
• We value trust because unless we are both trusted and trusting, we will not succeed as a team
• You put trust in others and do your best to never let anyone down
We want to hear from you! Apply on our website today: www.missionhillwinery.com/Work-With-Us/