At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic Harvest Interns join our team at Tinhorn Creek Vineyards. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards in Oliver, BC is one of the Okanagan's most innovative and environmentally sustainable estate wineries with an extensive health and safety program. We are a 450-ton winery in the heart of the South Okanagan wine region, with vineyards on both the Golden Mile Bench and the Black Sage Bench. We produce roughly 50:50 white and red, and our two unique vineyard sites allow us to grow both Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals in addition to a dash of Syrah and Gewurztraminer. We employ a basic and natural wine making approach and have a small but skilled team you would enjoy working with.
Reporting into the Assistant Winemaker, the Harvest Interns will work as part of the team to safely and efficiently complete all cellar harvest activities.
We are looking for teammates with:
• High School Diploma or equivalent combined with experience in all aspects of crush work including previous barrel experience
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team, in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on quality, accuracy and timeliness
• Excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
• Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations, operating procedures and company policies
• Ability to prioritize and able to adapt to changing priorities Ability to lift at least 50 lbs and willingness to work flexible hours when needed
• Forklift driving certification an asset
• Understanding current COVID 19 Protocol as well compliance with work safe practices
• Foreign workers must have appropriate VISA
These teammates will be accountable for:
• Operating equipment to crush, press and process grapes
• Monitoring press pans, lees filter, cleaning crusher & presses
• Adding additions to juice and wine, as well transferring juice and wine volumes using a variety of pumps and hoses
• Cleaning and sanitation of tanks, processing equipment, and the winery
• May be required to operate equipment to perform pulsair aeration of tanks and/or pump overs and punch downs
• Following written and/or oral procedures and policies, reporting any deviations
• Reading, understanding, and completing paperwork efficiently and accurately
• Maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment, as well following current WorkSafe regulations
Must have a valid Work VISA to work in Canada
*Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications no later than February 26, 2021.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates should be in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.