Guest Experience Manager
CheckMate Artisanal Winery
Oliver, British Columbia
Your next move…
With meticulous precision and an uncompromising commitment to excellence, CheckMate Artisanal Winery focuses on small lots of luxury Burgundian-style Chardonnay and Merlot. Some of the most highly-scored wines in Canada – including two perfect 100-point scores. Currently undergoing a redesign project, CheckMate Artisanal Winery becomes a work of art on its’ own.
The Guest Experience Manager will partner with the Regional Guest Experience Manager to lead, develop and execute exceptional winery service. You will be responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales plans and elevate the overall winery experience. In partnership with the Regional Guest Experience Manager you will assist with hiring, training, scheduling and developing the team and provide feedback to the team to ensure the meeting and/or exceeding of expectations in their roles. As the Guest Experience Manager, you create a climate of unsurpassed customer service and guest development. You understand what influences guest experiences in order to strengthen the brand and build connections that translate into long lasting relationships. You champion a culture that models our values: Authenticity, Humility, Trust, Sense of Urgency and Simplicity.
• Lead and motivate your team, ensuring a high level of performance and dedication. Set and lead clear, measurable, realistic expectations for Guest Service that are unique to the winery.
• Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, a culture of learning and a culture that never settles for the status quo. Inspire a high level of warmth and professionalism for the team, through personal presence, style and personality, modeling a genuine commitment to service excellence and gracious hospitality.
• Mentor, coach, educate, and motivate the team to maximize their potential through regular business reviews and structured training.
• Elevate winery experiences by consistently delivering memorable moments.
• Deepen the relationship with our guests to achieve sales and drive lifetime loyalty and spend.
• Oversee the delivery of the highest level of guest service by ensuring the team consistently exceeds guest expectations while maximizing potential revenue and minimizing costs.
• Develop and implement creative and innovative ways to engage guests through winery tours and experiences.
• Contribute topline results consistent with company goals and objectives, while controlling your labour costs and operating expenses, to optimize your team’s financial returns.
• Ensure exceptional operational support to drive sales and service.
• Manage inventory control and depletion of wine, packaging materials, collateral etc.
• Completed Bachelor of Business/Hospitality/Hotel Management or related from a recognized institution.
• 3+ years progressive Leadership in Hospitality, Food & Beverage, or Luxury Retail environment providing an outstanding consumer experience.
• Track record of proven results in guest and employee satisfaction.
• A personal passion for food and wine is a must; wine education is an asset.
• Expert communicator, both written and spoken, second language is an asset; experience of training/presenting to large groups.
• Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies – a strong background in a matrix organization is beneficial.
• Ability to mentor and set long-term goals to aid in the achievement of exceptional business results through others.
Are you ready to inspire others to provide truly memorable guest experiences? We’d love to hear from you.