Quality Control Laboratory Technician
Devonian Coast Wineries
Malagash, NS Canada
Devonian Coast Wineries owns and operates three distinctly different award winning wineries in Nova Scotia, Canada with total production of well over 100,000 cases per year.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Control Laboratory Technician at our Jost Vineyards location on the beautiful Northumberland shore of Nova Scotia. Jost Vineyards produces world-class wines from some of the most distinctive premium-quality grapes in North America.
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate from a food science or chemistry program who would like to learn about wine. The successful candidate will be trained by and work directly with the Quality Assurance Manager and Winemakers. The position will involve a full range of Quality Control activities including:
• Perform analyses in a timely and accurate manner (pH, free and total sulphur dioxide, titratable acidity, volatile acidity, turbidity, percent alcohol, dissolved CO2, residual
• Make sure all solutions and equipment are accurate
• Maintain an accurate laboratory inventory and inform QA Manager when items need to be ordered
• Perform Quality Control on all grapes, bottled wines, packaging and at the bottling line
• Completion of Work Orders related to analysis
• Data entry as required for tracking analyses
• Work with Microsoft Suite of products
• Wine library maintenance and inventory
• Assist the cellar team when needed
• Have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Regular hours are, Monday to Friday, 7:30 – 4:30, however, we work together in flexible shifts during the busy Harvest season from September to December. This period includes hours that can be daytime, late evening and weekends, depending on the year’s growth and crop harvest requirements.