At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are a leading Canadian winery and the experience gained at Trius is world class. We foster a wine environment and openly discuss techniques and processes. Education and experience is one of our main goals.
Trius winery is looking to hire diverse, top quality harvest interns for the upcoming 2020 vintage. The selected harvest team will work at two different production facilities (Niagara on the Lake and Beamsville Bench sub appellation) which process approximately 5000 tonnes combined.
Please note: Accommodation and transportation is available for international employees and is offered as a taxable benefit. We are not able to assist in Visa procurement; we advise that interested international applicants start the Visa application process as soon as possible.
Harvest Interns will be required to be available 7 days per week for 12hrs/day shifts (day or night), and will be given one day off during that time period. Harvest is approximately 2 to 3 months in duration, beginning at the end of August and ending early to mid-November (actual dates to be confirmed).
Processing starts in Late August to mid-September by harvesting our sparkling wine (300 tonnes of hand picked grapes) which we use for our range of traditional method wines. We make a range of table wines including Riesling, Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Gamay, Merlot, Cab Franc and Cab Sauv. Successful candidates will get the opportunity to work within various areas of the winery including the crush pad, cellars, and our extensive barrel cellar.
We are looking for a teammate with:
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis
• Understand the basics of premium wine production & wine analyses
• Strong Commitment to quality with attention to detail and ability to maintain an organized workplace
• Good problem solving abilities and ability to be hands on and dependable
• Communicate effectively and work safely with co-workers
• Ability to lift in excess of 22 kg on a regular basis
This teammate will be accountable for:
• Operating equipment on the crush pad and cellars to press grapes and clarify juice
• Making material additions to juice/wine blends
• Racking, transferring and blending wine/juice.
• Punch Downs, Pump Overs, Barrel Work and Fermentation Monitoring
• Cleaning and Sanitizing process equipment
• Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.
To apply, please visit https://andrewpeller.prevueaps.com/jobs/131371.html
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.