The Brand Ambassador position will be an integral part in supporting our business development and building brand equity in a specified International market area. This position & rsquo;s primary purpose is to represent Delicato Family Wines in core markets with activities which include, but are not limited to, conducting presentations and wine tastings, leading distributor meetings, increasing retailer and distributor brand education, integrating brand initiatives, executing trade marketing activities, and expanding distribution both on and off premise. This position will also provide sales support to sales management.
• Coordinates and participates in distributor brand building activities that generate awareness, distribution and sales of brands
• Coordinates and conducts successful in-market sales tours, tastings dinners, training seminars directly with distributor sales team
• Coordinates and communicates brand marketing strategies
• Builds a strong network of relationships with key on-trade/specialist accounts across core markets
• Represents the winery at key industry events
• Supports direct manager and local distributor sales efforts by preparing and conducting key account presentations
• Collects and updates trade wine press contact data base, manages the communication and follow through
• Works closely with distributor and Delicato internal team to execute ATL campaigns relating to advertising, social/digital media and brand launches
• Monitors, engages and activates promotional activities and acts as a liaison between distributor and internal teams
• Customizes and adapts POS materials
• Monitors competitive pricing and promotional activities and reports potential threats to management
• Prepares and submits monthly activity and accomplishment reports
• Supports team achievement of regional sales and achieves activity objectives
Divisional Sales Support:
• Assists sales management in preparing business proposals and presentations for meetings and events
• Organizes and submits for wine samples, POS, and hospitality requests forms
• Supply brand assets as needed including bottle images, tasting notes, award sheets, etc.
• Completes highly detailed research projects for sales and marketing team on a variety of subjects including social media, market trends, customer preferences, POS procurement, and channel evaluations
*Other duties may be assigned
• Books and organizes own travel accommodations within required budgets
• Provides general support, as needed
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or comparable level of education/training with emphasis in (international) business, marketing, or related
• Preferred WSET certification or equivalent wine education. General experience in wine also acceptable
• 1-2 years of related work experience in sales &/or marketing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires ability to travel frequently and flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends, as needed. Travel requirement: 50%-70%
• Demonstrated leadership, excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, organizational, and people management skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Wine knowledge required
• Strong computer skills, MS preferred (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
• Responsible, outgoing and able to work with the public
• Thrives well under pressure and in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Pro-active approach to business with a high level of integrity and desire to drive growth
Certificates and Licenses
• Valid driver's license and passport
• Travel required, 50%-70% annually
• Must be willing to work at public venues and major events where there a large crowds of people
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which can include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to appear in pictures in magazines, newspapers and on television programs promoting the brand
Marked Temperature & Humidity Exposure
Drives Automotive Equipment
Exposed to Dust, Fumes and Gases
Close Quarters or Confined Spaces
Required to talk & listen. May need to determine color, taste and smell of wine using eyes, tongue, and nose. Must be able to lift & carry cases of wine (35 lbs.) to build customer wine displays. May be exposed to weather-related temperature & humidity extremes. Operates keyboard & mouse.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.