CedarCreek Estate Winery
Kelowna, British Columbia
Our Winery is in the heart of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, building on more than three decades of winemaking, and defining a new chapter with bright, expressive North Okanagan wines. Our year-round tasting room and Home Block restaurant, housed in contemporary farmhouse buildings, offer our visitors an exceptional experience in a serene natural setting.
CedarCreek sources organically farmed fruit from estate vineyards between Kelowna and Osoyoos, with production split approximately half between white and red. Our facility is a certified organic production facility with plans to convert 100% of viticulture and winemaking to organic by 2021. We have the capability to sort to individual berries, and we ferment in concrete, stainless, and oak, with one of the largest barrel programs in the valley. We use techniques such as whole bunch press, skin contact, extended maceration, and spontaneous fermentation and malolactic fermentation to help build personality into our wines across the spectrum.
Our emphasis is on cool climate varieties – Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris, and Sauvignon Blanc. We have 35 acres planned for planting at CedarCreek in 2020 and 2021 with a focus on building a self-sustaining property from a winemaking and culinary perspective. This exciting opportunity to be a part of a winery team goes well beyond winemaking to other parts of the business.
Day in the life:
Our Cellar Hands contribute as a member of our winemaking team dedicated to producing world-class wines and providing the finest and most intimate estate winery experience. They participate in the execution of all winemaking activities at the CedarCreek Estate Winery related to the production of our VQA - British Columbia wine portfolio.
Want to know more? You will…
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of cellar activities – with a strong emphasis on attention to detail.
- Assist in monitoring of the qualitative and analytical states of all wines.
- Ensure presentation, organization and sanitation of the cellars is always of the highest standard.
- Assist with bottling (as required) – labour requirements, finished goods shipping, production records and any other related details.
- Execute the shipping and receiving of goods from and to bottled-wine warehouse.
- University degree in Oenology/Winemaking or applicable Science Related Field (preferred); Diploma in Oenology/Winemaking or applicable Science Related field (minimum requirement).
- Ideally a minimum of 2 harvest experiences, preferably one international,
- Proficient in operation of all production equipment.
- Must have complete knowledge of the operation and correct application of cellar equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer literacy experienced with MS Office and the ability to learn and use company wine inventory system (VinTrace).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
CedarCreek is dedicated to the growth of our team and provides excellent internal opportunities for those who are committed to learning and personal development. This permanent, year-round opportunity offers a competitive compensation package including 3 weeks’ vacation, extended health & dental benefits, and eligibility to participate in a DPSP and RRSP matching program.
If this sounds like you, head over to our website at www.cedarcreek.bc.ca, and submit your online application today. Interested in spending Harvest 2020 with us?! Please apply with harvest in your resume title!