Noble Ridge is a 25-acre estate vineyard and winery located in Okanagan Falls, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Assistant Winemaker. The position will start early January 2020 and is on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work hand in hand with the Winemaker and will be a key contributor in producing premium wines coming from our unique terroir. This role is perfectly suited for a self-starting individual that will take pride in our team success.
• Carry out all cellar tasks including barrel work, racking, topping, transfers, filtration, etc.
• Perform all laboratory analysis as needed (pH, TA, MLF, SO2, etc.).
• Keep a clean, tidy and safe work environment, and report any hazards or safety concerns to the Winemaker.
• Participate in tasting and blending trial.
• Forklift and tractor operation.
• General cellar and equipment maintenance.
• Evaluate/monitor wines on a regular basis and report to the Winemaker.
• Preparation for harvest by ensuring that all equipment is prepared and ready for grape intake.
• All aspects of grape reception and processing.
• Training and supervising of seasonal harvest staff with emphasis on safety, efficiency and quality of work.
• As required, assist in all aspects of canopy management, events and general business operations.
• Minimum 4 years of cellar experience.
• Education in winemaking an asset.
• Self motivated and punctual.
• Good communication and leadership skills.
• Able to lead by example in a fast pace and highly efficient environment.
• Able to stand for long periods of time, work outside, work in cold and wet conditions
• Hardworking & able to work longer hours when necessary
• Previous experience in canopy management an asset
Compensation based on experience level