Fort Berens Estate Winery is looking for a
Full-Time Tasting room and Hospitality Manager
Fort Berens Estate Winery is Lillooet’s first winery and is growing rapidly. We have created a destination winery, where people come to enjoy lunch and a glass of wine on the patio, sample our award-winning wines in the tasting room while enjoying the stunning view. Our personable and friendly staff provide our guests with information about the wine, the region and more. The tasting room is open year-round.
Fort Berens Estate Winery is looking for a suitable candidate to lead our seasonal tasting room and patio teams and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the tasting room, patio and guest experiences. The candidate must be comfortable working both as a part of a team and as a leader of a team. Within the company, the candidate will work collaboratively with the winemaking, the Executive Chef, the Discovery Club and Marketing teams to meet company objectives. As a leader of the tasting room and patio team, the candidate will be responsible for recruitment, training and coaching of staff members. This role requires excellent customer service skills, leadership, retail knowledge and a passion for wine.
The responsibilities of this position include amongst other things:
- Manage monthly and annual targets for the Tasting Room and undertake corrective actions to achieve targets if required. Targets include sales, revenues, club enrollments, positive guest feedback.
- Manage payroll and operational expense budgets for the Tasting Room; Manage and control inventory
- Develop and execute strategic plans to grow tasting room traffic and sales
- Create appealing store presentation, merchandizing and portfolio of merchandize
- Develop annual budgets and provide monthly management reports
- Provide leadership a small team of seasonal Tasting Room and Patio staff, which includes duties such as hiring, scheduling, training, coaching, performance review, supervision and termination
- Accountability for executing all tasting room operations including opening/closing procedures, inventory (order, stock, and maintain all inventory), maintain a friendly, warm and clean tasting room environment inside and outside at all times
- Assist tasting room staff in their duties when needed; work in tasting room alongside team; role model the behavior that is expected from tasting room staff; other duties as necessary to be an active team member, doing what is necessary to help the business run smoothly and efficiently
- Administrative tasks, including daily cash out & reconciliations and inventory control
- Working collaboratively with the winemaking, the Executive Chef, the Discovery Club and Marketing teams to meet company objectives.
- Ability to create and maintain a warm, friendly and highly productive team ‘culture’ that is focused on providing an exemplary Tasting Room guest experience that builds lasting customer relationships
- Maintain the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Tasting Room and Patio and surrounding areas
The ideal candidate will possess natural leadership abilities, will work well under high-pressure situations, have the ability to multi-task, take initiative and be decisive, and have a positive, outgoing and approachable personality. Applicants should have a minimum of 8 years retail or hospitality experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role. We are looking for a proven track record of success and the ability to ensure a smooth-running operation that maximizes sales while managing costs and motivating staff as a competent leader to ensure profitability through teamwork.
In addition, the candidate must have:
- Previous supervisory experience in a luxury goods or high-end hospitality environment
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in (wine) retail sales or hospitality
- Ability to Work build and lead a successful team
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service
- A warm and outgoing personality
- Passion for wine, with formal training considered an asset (ISG, WSET, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be willing to work weekends and evenings
- Working knowledgeable with computer programs, such as Word, Excel and email. Experience with Winedirect is an asset
- Serving It Right certificate & driver’s license
- Candidates must be in good health, be able to carry 16kg repeatedly and stand for long periods of time
- Full time permanent position with competitive salary with a bonus and benefit package