Hillside Cellars Winery--one of the first wineries established on the Naramata Bench, is seeking a Vintage Cellar hand to aid in the crush/vinification and barreling of our 2019 harvest from mid-September to early December.
This is a general labour position consisting mainly of:
• tank-cleaning and equipment set-up and sanitising
• fruit receival/weighing
• fruit sorting
• cap-management including punch-down Pulsair and pump-over
• barrel steaming and filling
• some forklift operation—primarily outside, un-even terrain
• Strong work ethic and commitment to work in safe and professional manner.
• Flexible schedule and open availability for “on-call” shifts, including weekend and evening work, until early December as required.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs, regularly bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time and navigating ladders, in a variety of working conditions including outdoor receiving area and tank farm, as well as damp cellar conditions.
• Relevant training or experience are ideal, but on-the-job training will be provided.
• Fork Lift Operator’s Certificate considered an asset, we are able to provide in-house certification/re-certification.
Since 2011, Hillside has been dedicated to showcasing exclusively Naramata Bench fruit. Join our dedicated cellar team and discover the splendour of our Naramata Bench terroir.
How to apply: submit resumé to Kathy Malone, Winemaker, through this listing, no phone enquiries please.