Harvest Cellar Hand Position
Noble Ridge Vineyard and Winery is searching for a seasonal cellar hand for the 2019 harvest. The position will run from mid-September until November. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to experience small lot, premium winemaking from our 23-acre estate vineyard. For the right candidate, this position may lead to full time employment.
• Pre-harvest field sampling and grape harvesting if required
• Set up, operate and clean crusher/destemmer, must pump, grape press
• Clean and sanitize tanks, hoses, pumps and other equipment
• Racking, additions, punch downs and pump-overs of fermenting wine
• Monitoring ferments
• Able to lift 50lbs, stand for long periods of time, work outside, work in cold and wet conditions, comfortable with heights
• Motivated and punctual
• Good communication skills
• Hardworking & able to work longer hours when necessary
• Forklift experience an asset
• Tractor experience an asset
• Relevant experience and education is a bonus, but not a requirement
Hourly rate will depend on prior experience.