At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic Packaging/Warehouse Supervisor to join our Kelowna team. Our Winery is located in the heart of Kelowna between downtown and Knox Mountain, Calona Winery has the distinction of being British Columbia's original winery. As a pioneer in the BC wine industry, Calona leads the way to higher levels of craftsmanship and professionalism. Calona's wines are award-winning, rivaling the world's most established names to prove the Okanagan Valley is at the international forefront of fine wine production.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, we are recruiting for a full time Packaging/Warehouse Supervisor, who will be responsible for supervising a unionized team, ensuring the team delivers according to the established production schedule in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
We are looking for a teammate with:
• Three (3) to five (5) years' experience working in a unionized food manufacturing plant is a requirement
• Understanding of GMP, Six Sigma Process & Application, Health & Safety regulations, HACPP, Collective Agreement application and interpretation
• Trade Ticket(s) (Millwright, Electrical, Fourth Class Power Engineer--3rd Class preferred)
• A passion for working in a winery manufacturing facility and interested in learning about wine
• Ability to work in high paced environment; excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional communication skills and a "Can Do" attitude
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holiday work required with increased frequency during harvest
This teammate will be accountable for:
• Supervision and directing the daily activities of a unionized environment; plans and facilitates daily crew meetings
• Ensures production schedule is delivered in accordance with GMP, while adhering to Quality, HACPP and Health & Safety Standards
• Maintains a clean organized work environment, ensuring products are produced to specifications
• Coordinates with other departments regarding shipping and receiving goods
• Interprets Collective Agreement; address grievances and address employee concerns and issues
• Promotes culture change and employee engagement
• Develops the team by providing sound and consistent leadership; manages performance and is accountable for the department's operational planning, resource allocation and utilization
• Manages operational standards (SOP) and guidelines; monitor plant records for accuracy and completeness
• Problem solve and determine strategy to be taken for non-compliance
• Assists with developing departmental annual budget
• Manages departmental safety programs and ensures and maintains a safe work environment; participates in a variety of committee meetings as a representative of the department
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.