Devonian Coast Wineries owns and operates three distinctly different award winning wineries in Nova Scotia, Canada with total production of well over 100,000 cases per year.
We have an immediate opening for an Wine Cellar Supervisor at our Jost Vineyards location on the beautiful Northumberland shores of Nova Scotia. Jost Vineyards produces world-class wines from some of the most distinctive premium-quality grapes in North America.
This is an exciting career opportunity for a Wine Cellar Supervisor who has preferably worked in a Wine Cellar environment and/or received a diploma related to winery, food science and cellar training.
The successful candidate will work directly with and support the Winemaker and Cellar Master. The job will involve the full range of Wine Production activities including:
* Leading an hourly work force
* Monitor cellar jobs in process
* Review work orders to be started on the shift
* Review and approve completed work orders
* Maintain a safe and orderly work place
* Employee relations
* Departmental safety inspections
* Monitor tank top conditions and sanitation
* Working on Crush Pad during Harvest
Most of the year is worked on regular hours, however we work together in flexible shift teams that can be daytime, late evening and weekends from October to December.
Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of applications and Winery Management Software would be considered an asset.
Salary will be negotiated based on Education and Experience.