Looking for a great career opportunity? Universal Packaging (UP) is seeking a motivated, hardworking individual to join our sales team as the Sales Manager.
Position Title: Sales Manager
Reporting to: Vice President – Sales & Marketing
Lead the sales team by providing guidance, training and mentorship, setting sales quotas and goals, creating sales plans, analyzing data, assigning sales territories and building the team mentality.
Job Description & Key Objectives
• Execute on annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
• Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met.
• Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to team effort by managing existing and potential accounts as well as provide sales support to distribution partners.
• Plan to ensure achievement of team and personal targets, aligning with company sales policies and strategies.
• Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly.
• Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals.
• Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them.
• Work with internal departments such as the Marketing or Purchasing teams to engage audiences and clients more deeply.
• Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts.
• Develop field sales action plans.
• Prepare reporting as needed.
• Be a brand ambassador and always reflect company values.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
• Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies.
• Experience in customer relationship management.
• Experience managing and directing a sales team.
• Experience in the Food & Beverage industry – packaging experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Full-time position based in the Okanagan Valley.
• Work outside regular business hours may be required.
• Travel is necessary.
Please send resume and cover letter with you earliest start date and wage expectations.
Universal Packing thanks everyone who is interested in this position but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.