Exciting Full-Time Career Opportunity
ASSISTANT VINEYARD MANAGER
Stratus Vineyards, an ultra-premium winery located in Niagara-on-the-Lake is currently seeking an ASSISTANT VINEYARD MANAGER for its 55-acre estate vinifera vineyard.
The successful candidate will hold a key position within our vineyard team and will be working with our current Vineyard Manager who is growing in the company. After a transition period, placement as Full-Time Vineyard Manager is possible for the right candidate.
Working closely with the Winemaking Team, the Assistant Vineyard Manager’s responsibilities include:
• ensuring that the vineyard and the grape production are suitable for making super-premium wines;
• maintaining close supervision of the vineyard team including directing work assignments and training vineyard employees;
• working closely with the Winemaker to ensure that winemaking objectives are successfully achieved while also promoting the vineyard and winery integration; and
• using organic techniques to foster sustainability in all vineyard practices.
Position Requirements include:
• a post-secondary degree in wine and/or viticulture;
• hands-on vineyard and tractor work;
• a passion for wine and viticulture;
• a working knowledge of vineyard equipment;
• administrative duties such as VQA Ontario, GGO records and LMIA
• Occupational Health and Safety training;
• Computer literacy and some experience with GIS; and
• Icewine picking and operating wind machines, as necessary.
Living in close proximity to Niagara-on-the-Lake is an asset.
We truly believe that we make wine in the vineyard. The Assistant Vineyard Manager will be fully integrated in the Winemaking Team and will participate in tastings and winemaking discussions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit résumé and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com by December 15, 2017.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J-L Groux, Stratus Winemaker