Trefethen Family Vineyards is a family-owned estate vineyard and winery in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. For over fifty years, we have been crafting distinguished estate grown wines that express the unique spirit of our land, vines, and people. Our core values include family, respect, sustainability, authenticity, learning and joy! With loyal customers around the country and the world, and a dedicated team of employees handling every aspect of the operation, from the soil to the table, our business is thriving.
Hospitality Stewards are key members of our estate hospitality team. This position is responsible for setup and breakdown of all guest experiences, maintaining a clean and presentable environment in all guest-facing areas, and keeping glassware and other supplies clean and ready for use. The Hospitality Steward helps with the opening and closing duties of the Historic Winery, Courtyard and Villa tasting venues, and also helps to prepare wine for walk-out purchases. This position is a key support role for our estate hospitality programs, events, and team which includes our Estate Concierges, Wine Educators, Winery Chef and Events Manager.
• Wash and polish glassware
• Maintain all other wine tasting and special events supplies
• Keep the “back of the house” area neat and orderly
• Routinely assess guest bathrooms and straighten as needed throughout the day
• Assist in the setup and breakdown of wine and food tasting experiences
• Assist in maintaining necessary supplies on the tasting floor, such as napkins, breadsticks, wine bags and carrier boxes
• Assist with maintaining proper inventory of wine in the wine racks in all areas of the Historic Winery and Villa buildings
• Assist in the packaging of wine for walk out sales
• Occasionally assist guests by carrying wine to their cars
• Occasionally assist guests by escorting them to/from their tasting experience
• Assist with food running and clearing of plates during all Villa wine and food tasting experiences
• Support our Events Manager and team as needed during setup, execution, and breakdown of events
• Transport rentals and equipment to designated event venue
• Setup and breakdown of event tables and chairs
• Set tables with linen, flatware and glassware
• Occasionally serve food and wine during events
• A warm, welcoming, and cheerful disposition with strong verbal communication skills
• Passion for hospitality with a strong attention to detail
• Must be professional and presentable at all times, as he/she often interacts with customers in the tasting room
• Must be proactive in finding tasks that need to be done
• Exhibit a willingness help, be flexible and accept new tasks with a positive attitude
• Team first attitude and willingness to grow within a supportive and fun environment
• Must be available to work weekends, holidays and occasional evenings
• Must be willing to adhere to all of our social distancing and hygiene protocols including, but not limited to, daily symptom checks and consistent use of facial coverings
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Operate a desktop computer with keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision
• Sit and stand for long periods of time in indoor and outdoor spaces
• Occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch or climb stairs
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The base pay scale offered for this position is $19.50-$21.00/hour. This salary range represents what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. However, the actual pay rate will depend upon job-related factors such as overall qualifications, skills, experience, education, etc. The Company reserves the right to modify the range at any time.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.