At Crimson Wine Group, we are the guardians of 1,000 acres of pristine vineyards, iconic estates, forests, and wildlife habitats along the West Coast. Our success stems from the wide range of perspectives that our team brings to every single one of our wines – from vine to bottle and beyond. Our portfolio is cultivated to elevate any occasion and to simply make life better.
At Crimson Wine Group (CWG), we are dedicated to building an inclusive environment with a culture of belonging. We strive to create an inclusive environment where all our team members feel connected, engaged, and can live their true identities at work. Here at CWG, we celebrate the value that comes with inclusivity and different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, which all help foster a culture of collaboration and creativity with the wine industry as a whole.
This role is a key resource in support of the future growth of the Crimson Wine Group (the “Company”). Working directly with the VP of Finance and across the organization with department managers, this individual will be responsible for assisting with all company financial planning, reporting and analysis. This includes (but is not limited to) modeling and analytics around the Company’s annual financial plan (Budget), quarterly forecasts and long-range plan, monthly management reporting, variance analysis and various ad hoc special projects. This individual plays a key role in providing financial analysis supporting strategic direction for senior management, providing business insights and supporting optimal business decision making.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
• Lead corporate financial planning processes including annual budget, mid-year forecasts, and rolling or ad hoc forecasts.
• Deliver monthly reporting packages to executive team and monthly reporting to business units (DTC, Wholesale, Marketing, Farming/Production, Shared Services).
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators and offer insightful variance analysis of P&L performance and capital expenditures.
• Prepare monthly financial report for Board of Directors.
• Prepare and maintain long-term CAPEX model, in partnership with Sr. Accountant.
• Prepare balance sheet and cash flow forecasts and analytics.
• Prepare presentation materials for Board of Directors and various members of senior leadership.
• Build budget and forecast templates, under direction of VP Finance and in partnership with Data Engineering.
• Support Inventory Finance Manager during budgeting and long range planning cycles with production modeling.
• Support VP Finance with Wholesale shipment and depletion modeling and other various requests.
• Field ad hoc reporting and budgeting requests.
• Prepare quarterly fluctuation analyses and support SEC Reporting Manager with preparation of Audit Committee materials.
• Serve as internal BI and planning tool subject matter expert.
• Prepare budget vs. actual variance analysis consistent with SOX controls.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience in Financial Planning and Analysis.
• Strong leadership skills required.
• Proficiency in financial modeling and forecasting.
• Proven ability to influence appropriate business outcomes.
• Experience in multi-unit retail, wine or consumer packaged goods industry preferred.
• Best in class analytical capabilities.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Experience working with an enterprise ERP system, such as Microsoft Business Central.
• Experience working with planning/business intelligence/reporting/visualization tools, such as Solver, PowerBI, Tableau, Adaptive, Anaplan, or Diver.
• Natural high level of curiosity with an approach towards understanding, reviewing options and proposing recommendations.
• Highest standards of precision and organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective collaborator.
• Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to all federally and state protected classes. If you require assistance to participate in the application process, please contact us at HR@Crimsonwinegroup.com.
The projected (base) pay range for this position is $135k - $145k per year in addition to the annual bonus. This is the projected compensation for the position however the actual compensation offered may vary based on job-related factors such as (but not limited to) candidate qualifications, related experience and education, candidate work location and market data. Crimson Wine Group reserves the right to modify the pay range/rate at any time in the future.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.