Knights Bridge Winery was founded by family members who celebrate a shared passion for wine and food, a love of farming, and a respect for nature. The distinct nature of the two wineries allow for an expression of terroir and winemaking style, while remaining true to each brand. Production is very limited and comes from our Estate vineyards in Knights Valley. Our new winery opened in Knights Valley in the Fall of 2021 and uses the latest technology to make exceptional wines.
For our Cellar Worker, we are looking for an individual that can be part of our growing team. This position will report directly to the Winemaker & Cellar Master, and be a part of the winemaking team in all duties from harvest to finished wines as well as to the President/General Manager of the winery for Marketing and Administrative responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity for the individual who is looking to grow with a company, contribute to the production team by using their experiences from previous positions, continue to expand their knowledge in winemaking, and proactively look for new ways and methods to better streamline and perform their work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Winemaking Department in daily cellar operations
• Maintain high levels of safety and cellar hygiene
• Assist in ordering, inventory, and maintenance of harvest and cellar supplies
• Monitor bottling and follow QC protocols
• Maintain winery SOP’s and make improvement suggestions when appropriate
• Assist in set up and clean up for wine tastings
• Data entry into Vintrace
• Monthly management of pulling samples for routine analysis and topping
• Harvest grape sampling, crop estimates, flagging vineyard, analysis, and reporting
• Provide marketing support when necessary
• During harvest - sanitizing and setting up the crush pad, transferring wine/must, pumpovers, near-fills, tank-mixing, inoculation and monitoring of fermenting tanks and barrels
• Post harvest - Tracking secondary fermentation, topping, racking, wine transfer, bottling cellar preparation, sanitation and maintenance of cellar equipment, inventory tracking
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to perform physical labor involved with cellar work including standing for long periods of time and being able to lift 50lbs, be 21 years old and able to work legally in the U.S.
- Ideal candidates will have a commitment to excellence and high standards, a positive attitude and a desire to be a team player by supporting the winemaking team in all aspects of their jobs.
- 1-3 years prior cellar experience in production of fine wine.
- Commitment to producing high scoring wine from our estate vineyard
- Self-motivated and detail orientated with precision in all work. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organization skills and ability to follow written instructions and department daily calendar.
- Strong computer skills in Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, VinTrace and willingness to learn new software as service tools.
- Willing to work increased harvest hours including weekends and early mornings
- Reliable method of transportation
- Other duties as needed
Salary: DOE, Hourly, Full-time, benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.