Harvest intern, Garrison Creek Cellars
The harvest intern will aid in all aspects of the winemaking process, assisting Head Winemaker and Production Winemaker. Schedule is variable depending on stage
of the season and whether fruit is being processed that day. Day to day activities include assisting with the following:
• Vineyard sampling
• pH, Brix, and density testing on vineyard samples from select blocks used by Garrison Creek
• Crush equipment set up, maintenance, and cleaning
• Working on the sorting table or other stations on days when fruit is processed
• Punching down, testing, and monitoring fermentations
• Setting up, operating, and cleaning the basket press, pumps and lines
• Testing and monitoring wine in barrel undergoing malolactic conversion
• General facility cleanup and maintenance
• Topping, cellar cleaning and SO2 monitoring
• Racking, washing and setting barrels
• If desired, tasting room experience is available
Pay: $20+/hour DOE
Schedule: Variable, with workload increasing up until peak during September and October
Winery and Vineyard Background:
With its first vintage dating from 2001, Garrison Creek Cellars is a 1500 case winery located in
the middle of a 300-acre estate vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley of Southeastern Washington.
The winery, owned by the Murr family, produces handcrafted wines in small lots.
Each year Garrison Creek produces exclusively red wines, primarily Cabernet Sauvignon and
Syrah in a plush, new world style. One of Washington’s premier vineyards, Les Collines produces 18 different varietals and sells fruit to approximately 60 wineries in Washington and Oregon. Garrison Creek Cellars uses a small portion of the most select grapes from Les Collines.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.