Cellar/Facility Supervisor and Enologist, MacRostie Winery
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cellar/Facility Supervisor and Enologist to join the MacRostie Winery production team! Reporting to the Assistant Winemaker - MacRostie, this hybrid role integrates across facility/cellar/lab/winemaking and is responsible to support the winemaking team, overseeing the small operation of our Healdsburg Winery. This role works closely with the AWM to support in the laboratory and other enologist duties and acts as the cellar expert and supports both Dough and MacRostie cellar operations at External Facilities as needed (Ex. Training, operating MacRostie Filter). The work schedule requires flexibility during peak harvest season and bottling, with a primary work schedule of either Mon. – Fri. (five 8 hour shifts) or Mon. – Thurs. (four 10 hour shifts). This is a FT hourly, non-exempt position that is eligible for our outstanding benefits package.
Our Benefits – As a people first business, MacRostie benefits package is on the leading edge and includes 401K, medical/dental/vision plans, PTO, community/employee engagement, paid holidays, wellness initiatives, wine incentive and more!
- Must have significant year-round cellar experience with cellar production of 700 tons or more
- Must have operation of a cross flow filtration experience and mobile bottling line and temp crews management experience
- Forklift Certification
- Laboratory analysis experience and wine processing knowledge
- QAC experience for barrel fumigation
- High computer technical ability in bulk data management systems (Vintrace preferred) and MS Office Suite
- Ability to work autonomously and as a leader
- Must be able to provide proof of U.S. Work Authorization without current or future sponsorship
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute cellar winemaking procedures per protocols and work orders including barrel preparation, barrel maintenance, racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice and wine.
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar operations and forklift operations, managing and supervising cellar operations according to Winemaking SOPs
- Support AWM to execute laboratory analysis and sampling per protocols and other enologist duties as needed and as skills grow including wine/juice sampling, equipment set up, running analysis, QC bottling analysis, grape sample processing.
manage a maintenance schedule and maintain cellar equipment and facility equipment alongside third-party contractors
- Enforce and maintain safety procedures and processes per MacRostie IIPP and actively works directly with the Winemaking and Safety teams to ensure equipment, procedures and processes are adhering to maximize quality product, safe practices and sustainable practices.
- Manages the facility to keep equipment and infrastructure in good working order with schedule of maintenance, replacement schedule, HMBP, water system, generator, glycol system.
- Responsible for leading and training seasonal cellar workers on all standard operating procedures.
By joining the MacRostie team, you will be joining a team of diverse individuals, all passionate about our wines, our employees, and our business and what they do! We aim to provide a fun, balanced, and inclusive culture where everyone can be the best they can be and have a great time doing it! When applying for this opportunity please provide a complete an application including resume on our parent site (LION). MacRostie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.