Winebusiness.com - Homepage for the Wine Industry
Created and Managed by Wine Business

winejobs > job details

Regional Sales Manager, Northeast

Cape Classics

Remote > Boston, MA

Job Description:

Northeast Regional Sales Manager

About The Role

The Northeast Regional Sales Manager will be concentrated on growing both volume and distribution of our portfolio of South African and French wines in New England, with an option to expand into Washington DC/MD/DE

Regional Sales Manager must be Massachusetts based, preferably close to Boston. Regional Sales Manager must have extensive experience selling in Massachusetts, as it is the regions lead market.

We are looking for someone who can execute monthly and annual sales goals for New England via these channels:

•  Continually foster/grow current relationships with on and off premise customers, and develop new ones to drive sales.
•  Engage and motivate our distributor partners to meet or exceed their mutually agreed-upon annual/quarterly goals. This includes weekly distributor inventory management and engaged relationships with each brand manager to ensure inventory (and sales into each distributor) are consistent with current depletion trends, and goals for each market.
•  Schedule and conduct any and all in-store tastings, staff trainings, distributor and winemaker work withs, and other trade/consumer event (wine dinner/in store tastings, e.g.) planning and execution (when applicable)
•  Use our internal data and software systems (IDIG, KARMA, Distributor portals) to strategically target accounts and grow or regain business.
•  Ensure smart, effective and profitable pricing, incentives and deals with each of your distributors. Work in concert with our operations and finance teams, and help manage regional budgets accordingly.
•  Work with our National Accounts team to prospect for new Regional Chain opportunities (particularly with On Premise restaurant groups) while maximizing presence with existing placements.

What You Need to Join our Team:

We are looking for someone with significant wine sales experience, who is positive, resilient, tenacious, and patient. Candidate must have a strong ability to ‘find a way’ - and do it with sincerity and a smile.

Candidates should be an enthusiastic beacon of professionalism/service to all customers (from distributor to trade to consumer), possess outstanding organizational abilities, sales skills (negotiating and closing in particular), exemplary listening skills, strong written and verbal communication, and have an open-minded approach to learning. A passion for wine/wine industry or travel is a plus.

You need to be comfortable working when your customers need you to – which could include late nights, early mornings, weekend or holidays as necessary to support sales.
Position requires working in inclement weather, lifting up to 40lbs, and climbing stairs when necessary.

Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed.

Compensation and Benefits:
•  Salary range dependent on experience. Salary generally comprises 75% of the total pay, with achievement of mutually agreed upon goals being the remaining 25%
•  A performance-based bonus paid out annually (above referenced 25%)
•  Commissions on select items
•  Internal sales incentives, and potential to travel internationally (South Africa and France)
•  A full Travel and Entertainment budget with expenses on all business-related payments
•  Full medical, dental, and vision insurance, 75% paid by company.
•  21 days PTO a year
•  Optional non-matching 401k, FSA, tax free transportation programs, etc
•  Educational assistance programs, paid “Giving Back” days, “Wellness” reimbursements, etc

Create a Job Alert

Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.

Create Alert

Additional Information:

Job Posted:
Monday, February 12th
Type of Work:
Full Time
Job Category:
Job Level:
Senior
Compensation:
$75,OOO.OO ‍−‌ $12O,OOO.OO

Contact Information:

Cape Classics
Robert Bradshaw