Clark Vineyard Management Inc. is a premium farming company located in the Napa Valley. Specializing in developing and managing vineyards that are unique and interesting. We are responsible for growing grapes in Napa and Sonoma that get bottled into some of the most prestigious wines in the area. CVM was started in 1978 by Tom Clark and has been owned and operated by Tom's son Josh Clark since the year 2000. Currently managing 35+ different high quality vineyards and positioned to grow. We have a fun dedicated team which has worked together for years and you will find our company culture that includes one of respect, teamwork, dedication, adaptability and a place that's enjoyable to be a part of.
We are looking to fill a Vineyard Manager position that will primarily focus on development and special projects along with supporting and assisting the other departments.
This is an Exempt, Full Time position.
You will be reporting the president of the company and working closely with the Viticulture and Operations departments.
This is a new position for CVM and we are looking to fill as soon as possible.
Job Summary: To provide technical support for Vineyard Operations and Viticulture departments specializing in project management, vineyard development and fundamental vineyard management. Assist with Winery Relations as needed, providing field monitoring and technical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist President in overall organization of operations, client relations, writing reports and helping coordinate general vineyard management tasks throughout the year.
• Assist with new vineyard developments, including planning, scheduling, purchasing, materials inventory, budgeting, and cost controls.
• Assist with field monitoring, coordinate with pest scouts, and communicate problems directly to Viticulture department.
• Assist in frost protection, harvest and other key tasks as needed.
• Assist with irrigation/frost system design, installations, and maintenance.
• Cooperate with educational and industry professionals and participate in industry technical groups and committees.
• Work with Vineyard Operations and Viticulture departments to schedule and complete projects and within assigned budgets.
• Assist with the development of farm plans and annual budgets.
• Assist with associated invoice control, record keeping and budget monitoring.
• Assist in all aspects of day to day vineyard operations.
• Manage miscellaneous vineyard and non-vineyard projects assigned.
• Supervisors, Crew Leaders, Captains, Operators, Irrigators.
• Assist in Supervising crews and small groups of employees for special projects.
• During harvest-managing harvest operations individually.
• Assist in equipment operations and help supervise equipment operations.
• Drivers License class C and Clean Driving Record and ability to drive company vehicles, ability to tow trailers.
• Class A License or willing to obtain.
• Able to safely drive an ATV through difficult terrain.
• Ability to take direction; work harmoniously with coworkers, clients and vendors.
• Must be willing to work flexible schedule with extended hours duting busy times of the season.
• Computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications. Proficiency using AgCode, GPS, GIS or willing to learn.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Work outdoors/indoors.
• Work in warm/cold climates.
• Work in high places.
• Work on wet surfaces.
• Is exposed to load noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals. Safety equipment and training will minimize risk as needed.
• Work near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic.
• Must be able to move and lift overhead if needed up to 55lbs.
• Must be 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Ability to speak/write in Spanish.
• CPR/First Aid Certificate.
• PCA &/or QAL preferred but not required.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
Our compensation package is very competitive and includes Health Care, Vision, Dental, 401K, competitive holiday accrual and company holidays.
Competitive Salary based on experience and a number of factors and room for growth.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.
$8O,OOO.OO − $12O,OOO.OO Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401K)