Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family-owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2023, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the ninth year running.
As a pivotal member of our award-winning JFW Creative Team, the Sr. Digital Designer is a visual creator and storyteller who enjoys a range of design work and creative projects, from 360° campaigns to compelling digital advertising, to printed sales tools, to packaging. This role will build and collaborate with the broader marketing, sales, and content creation teams to craft unique and impactful stories for our wineries that deliver results. The ideal candidate has a natural eye for composition, color, and above all a heart for stories and creating connections between our wineries and our audience across all platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Concept and design compelling, inspiring work that is insightful and culturally relevant and based on strategic brief.
• Concepts and designs successful campaign creative which translates across all across all social, web, e-mail, retail, restaurants, tasting rooms, environmental graphics, out-of-home, print materials, and other media channels.
• Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Digital Marketing and Sales to demonstrate vision that translates briefs into simple strategic ideas to develop innovative creative solutions.
• Develop and create static and interactive digital display ads that are mobile-friendly and visually compelling. (GIF, MP4, HTML5)
• Responsible for creating digital banner assets both static and animated (GIF, MP4, HTML-5).
• Understand how design and art direction may be nuanced from platform to platform to create the best experience while staying up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
• Ability to edit and retouch images and have a knack for Photoshop to make the ordinary extraordinary.
• Ability concept interesting ways to tell stories in various forms and is up to speed with the latest trends and ways in which audiences are consuming video- be it a quick animation for Instagram Stories or a GIF for X.
• Create and maintain templates for print and digital campaigns utilizing partner specifications and artwork while maintaining brand standards.
• Responsible for campaign development & standards, photoshoots, packaging, advertising, brand identity.
• Confidently and clearly present design ideas/concepts for campaigns and projects, using storyboards, mood boards, and mockups.
• Must have at least 5 years in a digital design role, as part of an in-house creative team or on a creative/marketing/agency team. We are looking for someone who has experience with digital campaign work, and digital branding strategies.
• Digital Fluency - graphic design specifically for digital and social media is your thing.
• Knowledge of design principles and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), comfortable working in Animate, Figma,
and After Effects. Bonus if familiar with Canva, CapCut or Splice, etc.
• A strong portfolio showcasing brand experience across a range of digital, social, and print with excellence in layout, animation, typography, and graphics.
• High attention to detail.
• Can multi-task, prioritize and successfully meet several deadlines and staying empowered to own your creative process, time keeping, and deliverables.
• Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and openness to feedback.
• Bonus if you have experience and understanding of sports marketing.
• Collaborative spirit with a positive, forward-thinking attitude and ability to roll up your sleeves.
• You will be working on-site in Santa Rosa four days out of the week with one flex day.
$66,560.00 - $81,024.00 - $90,000 annually
• Health insurance - medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
• 401k with employer match
• Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other's differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.