“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle!
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Special Events Coordinator will support the Events Team in creating memorable experiences for our guests. This position works side by side with the Events Manager on all aspects of event planning. Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing events at all Silver Oak and Twomey properties. Responsible for directing and assigning tasks to the Front of House (FOH) team during events and ensuring that the team is delivering a high level of service in the absence of the Events Manager or Director of Events. Establish a welcoming environment and memorable experience for our guests.
Execution of Events (70%):
On-Site Lead for Events as assigned, including closing/locking procedure duties for after-hours events.
• Organize and manage all tasks for executing events which includes but not limited to:
Providing high-end service prior to and during the event.
Confirm final menu details with Chefs and print final menus.
Work with chefs on guest food allergies and preferences assuring adherence.
Setting tables and designing the event space appropriately for the event.
Set up and screen all the wines for the event including applicable stemware.
Provide direction to the FOH team during the event and serve food and wine to guests.
Proactively anticipate the needs of guests and communicate as needed with the end client throughout the event.
• On-site point of contact with end client as assigned.
• Event execution includes greeting the group upon arrival and coordinating timing with Tour hosts and Chefs.
• Communicate regularly with the Events Manager on upcoming events and planning.
• Participate in menu creation as needed and ensure the service team is trained accordingly.
• Monitor attendance and overall performance of the team, give feedback when needed.
• Monitor quality of service at events and motivate the team to achieve high service standards.
• Be involved in team training.
• Create event schematics, service maps, dietary spreadsheets.
• Ensure that all staff are performing at the highest standards established.
• Execute wine sales through POS system.
• Maintain a professional image while providing fine dining service for guests.
• Maintain and order all supplies and equipment for the FOH.
• Arrange for repair service for any broken or malfunctioning FOH equipment.
• Maintain a detailed inventory of supplies and equipment – wine, stemware, flatware, candles, tables, chairs etc.
• Place wine orders and load/organize upon delivery.
• Ensure the event spaces and surrounding areas are clean, safe, and are always at the highest level of appearance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Coordinate event details with external clients as assigned.
• Communicate and finalize details leading up to the event sharing relevant information with all impacted departments and employees.
• Maintain and synchronize calendars in Reserve, Outlook, and Tock.
• Place and maintain updates for rental orders applying to large events. Schedule and communicate delivery and pick up times.
• Choose specialty linens in accordance with Silver Oak décor standards, and place/update linen orders.
• Place floral orders supplying specific event details to assure coordinated design, delivery, and re-use where possible.
• Work closely with catering partners and finalize details.
• Coordinate janitorial service and other vendors for large events. i.e., Release Day/catered events.
• Create and maintain Dietary Restriction spreadsheets for individual events and communicate information to the chefs.
• Communicate company updates to Variable Hour staff.
• Assist with events projects-printing, mailing, signage for events.
• Other administrative tasks as requested.
• Five years’ experience in a high-volume events operation, preferably in a 4- or 5-star environment. At least 2 years of directly related experience
• Knowledge of proper service standards, catering, food service and table settings required.
• Knowledge and experience of luxury wine, and elevated level of food standards. Basic understanding of elegant décor and presentation preferred.
• Intermediate computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications. Prior experience with TOCK or other reservation software preferred.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
• High level of organization with exemplary attention to detail.
• Must have an unwavering commitment to quality.
• Sound decision making skills and ability to think on your feet in high pressure situations.
• Ability to interact positively with diverse individuals.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.