About Foley Family Wines
Established by Bill Foley in 1996, Foley Family Wines is a portfolio of highly acclaimed wines and spirits from some of the world’s greatest estates. The company owns more than 24 wineries and a distillery, each with its distinct style, legacy, and approach to hospitality. FFW has expanded its portfolio significantly since its founding, with acquisitions that include Chalk Hill Estate Winery, Sebastiani, Roth, Banshee and Lancaster in Sonoma; Merus and Foley Johnson in Napa Valley; Lincourt, Firestone, and Foley Estates in Southern California; Four Graces in Oregon; and Three Rivers in Washington. In 2023, the company began operating Minden Mill Distilling in Nevada. In 2022, FFW acquired Silverado Vineyards in Napa Valley; in 2021, it acquired Sonoma County’s Chateau St. Jean; and in 2020, it purchased Ferrari-Carano in Dry Creek Valley. In addition, the Foley Food & Wine Society offers members a luxury lifestyle community that celebrates culinary experiences, entertainment, and travel in the United States, New Zealand, France, and Argentina.
Summary: The Market Manager position is responsible for growing sales and awareness of the Foley Family Wines portfolio in all channels within a geographically defined sales territory. This role is expected to inspire, educate, and set expectations for distributor partners as well as support key accounts within the territory.
** The ideal candidate should be located in Sonoma County. **
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with distributor personnel to achieve sales goals and the successful execution of FFW programming within territory
• Recommend and execute effective programs to distributor that increase sales in assigned territory
• Provide FFW portfolio training and education for distributor sales team and targeted customers
• Develop relationships with targeted key accounts in assigned territory to ensure awareness & visibility of FFW portfolio that result in improved distribution and volume
• Provides exceptional customer service to accounts across all channels by facilitating orders, conducting training/educational seminars, hosting events & promotional activities as well as wait staff/wine steward education
• Provide weekly and monthly reports on supporting activities to Division Sales Manager
• Construct unique and engaging portfolio presentations and sales tools that embrace FFW company standards, programs, and initiatives
• Ability to make persuasive sales calls using wine knowledge, ROI, margins and pour costs
• Create, prioritize, and preplan your own territory run of key accounts
• Responsible for operating within assigned budgetary parameters
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must have a strong understanding of the Fine Wine / Luxury Wine Category
• Ability to work in a fasted paced environment, adapt and respond to change quickly
• Excellent communication, presentation and organization skills is required
• Excellent follow up and follow through with sales leads is required
• IT proficiency including strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based computing is required
• Must possess excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently
• Must excel in problem solving and data analysis
• Ability to work collaboratively internally and external to the organization is required
• Must possess strong negotiation and selling skills
• Continue to develop wine & spirits knowledge, business acumen and sales skills to increase professional growth
• Must possess a current driver’s license, maintain current auto insurance coverage, and a clean driving record
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. case of wine
• Availability and willingness to travel weekly as well as work flexible hours and weekends, when necessary
• Candidate must be prepared to reside within territory
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience in the Alcohol Beverage Industry
• Minimum 3 years of proven success at wholesale sales key account development
• Demonstrate a successful track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with key account buyers
• Develop strong relationships with wholesale sales representatives
• Demonstrate prior success of consistently exceeding sales goals in previous positions
• Degree in Business Management, Sales & Marketing or related field preferred
Pay Scale: The base pay range offered for this position an annual salary of $95K - $105K. This range is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role. The actual compensation offered will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, qualifications, skills, experience, education, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Company Core Values:
Teamwork – Be Each Other’s Partners in Wine
Commitment – Crush Every Day Like It’s Harvest
Quality – Good vs. Grape: It’s All in The Details
Integrity – It Takes a Vineyard
Safety – Tend the Vines
Entrepreneurship – Love the Wine You’re With
Fun! Smile! You Have Purple Teeth!
Foley Family Wines provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.