Latitude Wines (LWX) is a leading importer and distributor of Private Label wines and spirits to national and regional chain retailers. We import wines and spirits from all over the world and distribute nationally in the United States. Our focus is on the customer and exceeding their needs through global beverage alcohol sourcing and next level, end to end supply chain logistics.
The Operations Assistant is a new position and will be an integral member of the Operations team. Daily tasks include order processing, customer and distributor communication and third-party logistics support.
Success requires an energetic and inquisitive individual who is eager and able to learn the intricacies of importing and distributing wine and spirits, a person who can operate with a strong sense of urgency while maintaining a high attention to detail, and someone who has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time. While this individual will not immediately have any direct reports, the ability to collaborate with the customer service and traffic teams is critical to success.
This position will report to the Director of Operations.
The candidate must be excited to drive change, put in extra work during busy periods, and promote team comradery and a fun office culture.
Danville, California. This is an in-office role (remote and hybrid not an option).
• Communicate with Customers, Suppliers, and Vendors
• Create purchase orders to meet customer requirements
• Execute and track orders from receipt to delivery
• Provide operations team with overall support
• Assist with the coordination and control of the order cycle
• Provide customer, supplier and service provider communications
• Interface with vendors to ensure accurate communications of orders
• Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Profile
An excellent candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience. If you have some but not all of the below, please apply anyway. We are an equal-opportunity employer, prohibit discrimination of any kind, and value diversity and inclusion. We look forward to considering all strong candidates.
Education and Experience
• 2+ years of work experience (logistics and/or operations preferred)
• University degree (preferred)
• Technical skillset, MS Office, Excel skills and experience working within software systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience successfully working with cross-functional partners
• A quick learner who is inquisitive by nature but doesn’t need all of the information to navigate effectively
• Someone who can succeed in a changing environment
• Flexible, straightforward, and willing to go the extra mile without being asked
• Listens and is open to feedback
• Demonstrates a hands-on attitude and an attention to detail
Other position parameters:
• Reports to Director of Operations
• Salary starts at $60,000 per year plus attractive bonus and benefits
• 100% in-office, on-location (Danville, CA)
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.