Join a fast-paced trade association that feels like a family business.? No job is too big or too small for our dynamic team that passionately educates, communicates, and markets on behalf of the 1,800 grape growers and vineyard owners in Sonoma and Marin Counties.??In addition to the work of the Sonoma County Winegrowers (SCW), there is a management services agreement with the Sonoma County Grape Growers Foundation (dba Fundacion De La Voz De Los Vinedos) which supports our local vineyard employees in the areas of education, resiliency and workforce development.
Sonoma County Winegrowers is seeking a proactive, detail-oriented, and collaborative Operations Manager to provide superior operational support to the CEO and team. This person must love agriculture, family business, and wine and believe in the long-term value of preserving our local farms in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:?
- Manage all activities and communications for SCW and the Foundation Board of Directors, including posting agendas, minutes, board elections, and Form 700 filings.
- Route correspondence, draft letters, and other communications to high-profile partners and Foundation Donors.
- Attend meetings with the CEO and COO, taking comprehensive notes and coordinating subsequent follow-up meetings.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze information, and prepare documents for the CEO or COO review and approval.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Sonoma County Winegrowers' grower events, with a primary focus on annual meetings, industry meetings/dinners for the CEO, and IPM/PCA meetings.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Foundation’s events, with a focus on Leadership Academy, Employee Recognition, and photo shoots.
- Assist with SCW and Foundation's annual and event sponsorship programs, fostering relationships with current sponsors to ensure continued support.
- Maintain CEO's calendar by planning and scheduling meetings and conferences and making travel arrangements.
- Support CEO and other team members with day-to-day administrative tasks such as expense reports, written communications, PowerPoint preparation, and calendar management.
- Support COO with financial reporting and data entry, including AP and AR
- Support COO Grower Education Committee
- Liaise with venues, vendors, and sponsors to secure necessary resources and support.
- Manage relationships with vendors and act as IT lead for the organization.
- General support to other team members as needed.
- Manage sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Proven experience in an operational role, supporting senior executives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain composure and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility to work occasional early mornings, early evenings, and Saturdays if needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university with academic coursework in a relevant discipline
Other Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Positive attitude and tenacity.
- Self-starter who can manage projects independently.
- An outgoing personality accustomed to proactive communications with management, staff, and other partners.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; proofreading skills desirable.
- Time management skills and ability to complete tasks on time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in cooperative programs across organizations.
- Proficiency in Adobe and CRM databases
Clean driving record and possession of a valid driver's license at the appropriate level, including necessary endorsements, as required by the State of California to perform essential job functions of the position.?Since we deal with wine, candidates must be 21 years of age or older.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.?
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to do everything a typical office worker does which includes use of hands, walking, talking, phone use, etc. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and be to be able to walk in uneven or steep terrain.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.