Chappellet was founded by Donn and Molly Chappellet in 1967 and is today run by the second generation of the Chappellet family. Chappellet is recognized as one of the great Napa Valley wineries, and one of the few which remains family owned and operated. Working at Chappellet is more than an ordinary job, it’s joining a family. From working directly with members of the Chappellet family, to employees who have worked for the winery for over 50 years to the teams we build with trust loyalty, respect, and integrity, working at Chappellet is like no other job.
We offer competitive pay, incentives, company paid benefits, wine discounts, tuition reimbursement, 401k with matching contributions, and opportunities for growth.
We are driven and guided by our ERICCH core values of:
To be considered for an opportunity to join our family please follow the instructions to apply for this position. Whether you join our team or not, we wish you much success in your career.
The Ambassador is responsible for efficiently and effectively providing world class service to guest and members while promoting the sale of wine through comprehensive knowledge of the Chappellet brand and portfolio.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Serve as the face of Chappellet by providing exceptional customer service and ensuring all tasting room guests have a wonderful experience from start to finish
• Promote and effectively sell wine and wine club memberships by educating guests about Chappellet and what makes the Chappellet brand unique
• Participates and assists to execute events both on and off site throughout the year.
• Understand POS system functionality
• Knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
• Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brand, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participates in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
• Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
• Working with shipping department, facilitating shipping of wine to customers while satisfying all compliance and regulatory requirements of wine shipments.
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
• With appropriate training and coaching, participate in outbound phone and email sales initiatives
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Promote the brand and its products within the local community and key winery organizations.
• Represent Chappellet by attending industry mixers and other hospitality related events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, CMS or WSET certifications a plus
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Solid knowledge of wine and wine production
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through with projects
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Process oriented with focus on continuous improvement
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system a plus
• Shows commitment to excellence and high work standards
• Flexible and can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate effectively and work well with other employees
• Work independently without Supervision, as well as part of large groups and teams
• Strong Computer skills (POS systems, Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Available to work varied hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
• Must be at least 21 years old
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.