Hedges Family Estate is a family owned and operated winery on Red Mountain that promotes regenerative agriculture and biodynamic winemaking. Hedges Family Estate’s message of terroir focused wines, responsible farming, and creating a joyful and meaningful experience for its customers has been spread across the globe since 1987. Expanding and maintaining our wine club, e-commerce sales, and social media presence are an important part of our retail business, as is, providing exceptional concierge service to our club members.
Responsible for the overall growth and management of our wine club membership, ecommerce sales including webstore management, email marketing campaigns, wine club texting initiatives, and social media. This candidate must understand brand marketing and how it relates to our wine club, along with a proven ability to develop monthly membership and ecommerce initiatives that result in sales growth. This role will directly report to winery ownership.
• Focus on creative growth of wine club through marketing initiatives and brand awareness strategies
• Handle all wine club communications, marketing, and newsletters online
• Coordinate wine club shipments, including reviewing inventory in warehouse and Order Port. Contact all club members prior to club release via emails, texts or phone calls
• Update invalid credit cards and account information prior to shipment
• Process and manage the packing of club shipments
• Handle customer special requests, coordinate fulfillment of wine club shipments and tasting room pickups with both the DTC shipping manager and the Hospitality Director
• Organize shipments with the DTC shipping manager and follow up on shipping issues, tracking & returned packages, account for all wine returned to inventory
• Orderport Database management for wine club - includes daily database use: new customer entry, changes to account information, cancellations, will call pickups etc.
• Keep tabs on unreleased pick-ups and make reminder calls when needed
• Inform and excite tasting room employees about signing up new club members
• Plan and execute wine club events with the Hospitality Director
• Attend and work all hosted wine club member functions. Arrange for Director of Winemaking and owner participation at events, if appropriate
• Work the club release events in tandem with the Hospitality Director and tasting room staff
• Set up and conduct special tastings for VIP members
• Promote member visits through marketing efforts and direct contact
• Coordinate tastings or dinner reservations in tandem with the Hospitality Director
• Be the primary contact for all wine club members
• Generate monthly and annual wine club member reports including growth/retention report, and highest grossing buyers
• Develop draft copy for wine club email blasts, automatically generated emails from Orderport, correspondence, invitations, etc. as needed for added sales, member events, and promotions
• Measure open rates, Abandoned Cart emails, and unsubscribes
OUTREACH AND SALES DEVELOPEMENT:
• Partner with local business and other key event venues for placement and customer referrals. Innovate new ways to market the wine club
• Represent the winery at industry events, private tastings, charity dinners
• Optimize the website for customer acquisition, visitation, follow-up sales, seasonal promotions, and overall user experience
• Maintain current products in the web store
• Add new products as required based on inventory
• Work with the Hospitality Director to maintain events, tasting room information, wine lists, menus, pictures with tags, etc.
• Execute ecommerce sales emails and texting campaigns
• Effectively drive users to our website through tools like Google Analytics, SEO, etc.
• Stay current with the out-of-state direct shipping requirements and work with the compliance coordinator to renew shipping permits, licenses, as needed
• Responsible for establishing shipping rates for all consumer direct channels and ensuring those rates are always accurate and up to date in collaboration with DTC shipping manager
• Design and deliver creative and engaging social media strategies that promote our brand message
• Generate inbound traffic and search engine optimization (SEO)
• BA in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5 years previous related experience in the wine industry that includes sales, inventory management and/or customer service
• Demonstrated performance in growing wine club membership, enhancing membership retention and sales growth
• Experience in wine club processing and CRM systems
• Demonstrated ability to grow social media engagement across multiple platforms
• Proven track record in ecommerce sales performance and developing direct marketing initiatives
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Passionate about sales, customer relationship marketing, and the food and wine culture
• Highly accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills
• Strong leadership and customer service skills
• Strong proficiency with FedEx Shipping Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; prior experience with database management and POS; Web-savvy
• Ability to work weekends and holidays and flexibility in scheduling to travel as needed to outside events.
• Ability to resolve conflicts in a mature, calm, and professional manner.
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs
• 10 paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Time
• Profit sharing
• Comprehensive health benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision
• 401k match after 1 year of employment
• Employee discounts
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.