Visit Napa Valley® is the official destination management organization for Napa County. We promote the region as an attractive travel destination and enhance its public image as a dynamic place to visit, live and work. Primary funding for our activities and programs comes from a Tourism Improvement District (TID) special assessment on lodging. Additional funding is provided through partnerships with visitor-serving businesses throughout Napa County.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager of Executive Operations position is a critical and trusted leadership role acting as the executive assistant to the CEO on strategic and administrative matters. A multi-position player, the Senior Manager of Executive Operations will support and manage the administrative and operational activities for the CEO and act as project manager, overseeing collaboration with internal teams. This is a fast-paced, think-on-your-feet position as you interact with and build key relationships with business leaders across the organization. Success in this role requires strong leadership, communication, organizational savvy, and strong project management and decision-making skills.
What You’ll Be Doing:
PROGRAM AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Maintain company administrative documents such as the phone list, birthday and anniversaries, board roster and list of committees, their charters, and who serves on them, as well as general governance and admin.
- IT Project Management – manage the process, timeline and execution of system integrations and implementations. New shared drive conversion; Ticket Tracker
- Oversee new employee onboarding – develop timeline, process, context, introductions, etc.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from ideation through implementation.
- Serve as backup for front office, finance, and operations when staff in those roles are on PTO or otherwise not present.
- Board Governance:
- Produce and maintain VNV & NVTC Board agendas, minutes, and postings; update and maintain bylaws, oversee Brown Act compliance; manage Board and Committee
communications, rosters and calendar; provide Board & governance support.
- Lead event logistics for VNV Lodging Luncheon committee program, including project management around presentation content & speakers, event logistics, etc.
- Master calendar and venue sourcing for board events, committees, etc.
Finance and Audit Committee – preparing agendas, financial packets, and minutes for Finance and Audit Committee Meetings.
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO and plan accordingly, which includes being proactive with her meetings and travel plans:
- Respond to inquiries on behalf of the CEO when required.
- Coordinate travel.
- Effectively manage the CEO’s calendar
- Assist the CEO with meeting preparation including room coordination, document preparation and content development.
- Plan, coordinate and keep contents of a meeting focused.
- Prepare content such as presentation material for meetings and compose correspondence for executive or board review in support of the CEO.
- Provide tactical support to implement ideas.
- Assist with general administrative tasks in support of the CEO.
- Work with leadership to deliver, monitor and communicate progress towards goals.
- Provide the CEO and other senior leaders with insight and analysis on the company’s operations.
- Provide support and oversight for special projects and initiatives.
- Build connections across all leaders of the organization.
- Board Meeting Management including:
- book and set-up meeting site, meeting prep, document preparation, meeting minutes, etc.
- take, prepare and finalize Board, Finance Committee & Audit Committee minutes, and manage associated action items.
- assist with onboarding new board members & compliance.
What We’re Looking For (Skills and Qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience in hands on operational project management required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills. We know everyone says they’re detailed, but being able to articulate the way you keep track of details will be key. You follow up and follow through to make sure no detail gets missed.
- Ability to develop and update reports and communicate achievements and challenges to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to think and act creatively, championing and promoting new ideas that contribute to the goals of the organization.
- Superior experience and competency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; strong comfort level to learn to use various other internal software tools.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Desire and ability to work in a very fast paced environment.
- A willingness to apply personal strengths to projects beyond finite areas of responsibility.
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with internal stakeholders and external partner organizations.
- A self-starter with the ability to multitask.
- Political astuteness. Act as brand ambassador with all touch points throughout the community and beyond.
- Superb judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A high amount of discretion;
- Attitude. Positive, can-do, level-headed professional who’s not a stress-case. This is a service and support function and you must be of the type who not only understands what that means but enjoys working in that type of a role.
- Positive mindset. Someone that sees opportunity within every challenge.
- Excellent, accurate and professional written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.