Located in Rutherford, Napa Valley, Round Pond is a family-owned and managed estate with vineyards, gardens, and orchards. In a region renowned for producing wines of great depth and complexity, our handcrafted estate wines, artisan olive oils and red wine vinegars reflect our family's dedication to producing world-class food and wine while preserving this esteemed land.
We are currently looking the Wine and Olive Oil Educator.
The Wine and Olive Oil Educator functions as a liaison for guests who visit Round Pond Estate by sharing information about our Estate and product offerings while hosting various experiences (wine tastings, food & wine pairings, special events). In addition to providing exceptional hospitality and memorable experiences, the Wine and Olive Oil Educator is responsible for selling wine and gourmet products, generating new club memberships, and promoting repeat visits to foster and nourish long term business. Therefore, exemplary communication skills, a professional, warm, and welcoming demeanor and a high level of customer service are required to ensure that all guests receive an experience that is congruent with the philosophy and ethos of Round Pond.
• Provides gracious hospitality, exceptional customer service, and uses a genuine and welcoming demeanor.
• Executes wine and olive oil tastings that are congruent with the philosophy and ethos of Round Pond.
• Handles, presents, and pours wine and olive oils, while educating guests using responsible hospitality techniques.
• Provides elevated service in all areas.
• Support with set-up and clean-up through daily opening and closing duties.
• Invites guests to acquire wines, olive oils, offered products and experiences.
• Invites guests to join our membership.
• Makes recommendations on wine selections based on customer preferences.
• Meets or exceeds set sales goals.
• Maintains knowledge of wines and winery history.
• Collects and records our database with personal information for all guests, including their preferences when possible.
• Performs sales transactions using the POS Systems.
• Maintains clean and fresh conditions at the property.
• Participates in company-sponsored wine education and development opportunities.
• Participates and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the winery and offsite.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management based on the business needs.
• Must have high school diploma.
• College degree preferred.
• 2 years of hospitality, restaurant, or sales experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds frequently.
• Ability to stand on hard surface, to be on feet, walking for extended period.
• Bending, squatting, kneeling, and reaching.
• Required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
• Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
• Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
• Outstanding customer service skills, poise, and tact in working with the public.
• Sound knowledge of wine, food pairings, agriculture, with willingness to broaden knowledge.
• Proven ability to communicate with diverse customer group effectively and appropriately.
• Organized and adaptable to changing conditions when needed.
• Keen attention to detail and follow up.
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with all levels of staff; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner.
• Respects the structure and processes in place.
• Acts in a manner that reflects the Company culture.
• Ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Must be a team player, have a positive attitude and outlook, with willingness to pitch in when necessary.
• Possesses professional appearance and welcoming demeanor.
• Fluent in English, proficiency in other languages a bonus
Full-time position offers:
- Health Benefits
- Time Off
- Opportunity for tips from guests
- Sales commissions
- Wine Club sign-ups
Round Pond is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are welcome at Round Pond for who you are, no matter where you come from. So, bring us your humility, personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.