Massanois (www.massanois.com) is a New York City-based national importer and direct distributor of fine wine and craft spirits. We curate and represent a portfolio of quality-driven family-owned wineries and distilleries from around the world.
Massanois’ core business is with thousands of independent, fine-wine restaurants and retailers across our eight direct-distribution markets: NY, NJ, CT, DC, MD, VA, IL, and CA. We partner with a network of 45+ distributors across the country who possess the culture, sales teams, and account access to build brands both on and off-premise.
We provide a dedicated, responsive sales management and support infrastructure for our clients and our wineries, with an operations and management team based in NYC. Our winery partners, distributor partners, and accounts are aligned in the goal of building sustainable sales for the long term.
A sampling of the portfolio includes: Poderi Aldo Conterno, Le Ragnaie, Graci, Salcheto, Tenuta di Bibbiano, Fanti, Laura Aschero, AR Lenoble, Domaine du Chalet Pouilly, Bruno Paillard, Esprit de Pavie, Domaine Champy, Chateau Gassier, Jean Max Roger, Arietta, Soliste, Tessier, Dona Vega Mezcal, Hiatus Tequila, Montanaro Spirits, among other notable brands.
About the Job:
We are looking for a full-time sales representative in New York City. The territory will include a number of prime active on-premise and off-premise accounts. We offer above average base draw and commission rates, expenses reimbursement, bonus programs and international travel opportunities. All employees receive full health benefits upon starting.
* You are a self starter, self directed, jump out of bed and get it done kind of person.
* You possess "hospitality DNA" and bring your service ethic to work every day.
* You know wine, and want to learn more.
* Your colleagues and friends would use the word “integrity” when describing you.
* You provide outstanding customer service, are organized and punctual.
* You have been looking for a company where your work and contribution will stand out and allow you to build a great career.
* You have retail and/or restaurant account relationships, or are currently employed by a wine and spirits wholesaler, importer, retailer or restaurant.
* You understand how to generate sales, and drive sell-through. You understand that success is securing a placement, and then make that placement valuable for your customer.
* You provide exemplary customer service.
* You think like a brand builder and understand that each wine should be strategically placed to generate both current and future revenue.
* You are a planner and have a plan of attack for your territory. Which accounts are you going to grow, who else are you going to open to meet or exceed your goals every month.
* Work your plan. Continuously assess cold/warm/hot opportunities, prioritize your time and activities to hit your targets.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience in Salesforce and Google Sheets a plus. Able to utilize these tools to set smart priorities, develop goals and targets, and assess results.
* Self-directed, motivated, organized.
* You have strong knowledge of all wine regions; with emphasis on old world and and Domestic wines.
* Great communication skills. Collaboration and asking for help is key to success - we are a team and communication is the cornerstone of teamwork.
* You will attend sales meetings, annual portfolio tastings, and other company events, and take advantage of all the tools and support the company offers.
* You are the face of Massanois in this market – do what you say, say what you mean, and be the best representative of the company and the wineries we represent.
* Industry experience required.
* Can lift 40 pounds.
This is a great opportunity for a sales professional with a love of wine to build their career with a well-organized, fast-growing, and dynamic company.
All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence. Additional details about the company, portfolio, and compensation will be provided upon your selection for further discussions.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.