At Winebow, we are strongly committed to creating an environment that fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are intentional in our efforts to ensure that every employee has a sense of value and opportunity in our company, and we work tirelessly to promote a culture of inclusion where our team feels safe, respected, and valued. We want our Winebow family to feel at home and to be empowered to bring their best selves forward.
We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our organization and are dedicated to achieving a diverse workforce in all aspects of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotion, training, benefits, wage and salary equity.
State Manager Job Responsibilities:
This individual will oversee all territory management responsibilities including supervision of the Sales Consultants in their assigned territory.
State Manager Job Duties:
• Develops an effective marketing and sales strategic plan in order to maximize wine distribution within an established or growing customer base.
• Analyzes current markets identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Works in the market with Sales Consultants; provides suggestions on strategies to increase business.
• Provides educational programs, materials and services to the Sales Consultants.
• Conducts tastings, attends dinners and participates in trade shows as necessary.
• Works, when necessary, with the accounting department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory.
• Responsible for staffing, staffing planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling expenditures.
• Interface with distributor partners at all levels and educates them on brands.
• Responsible for managing allocations by SKU for assigned territories.
• Provides senior management with required reports such as regional account updates, top 100 updates, FY updates, allocation and depletion reports by market.
• Manage distributor inventory levels to avoid out of stock issues.
• Continually develop, monitor and track sales, shelf position, display execution and individual performance goals. Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Attends department and division meetings and functions as required.
• Acts as a backup for Sales Consultants in their absence.
• Performs other duties as assigned. State Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
• Lifting up to 35 lbs., sitting, bending, reaching, driving, visual acuity and manual dexterity.
• High School Diploma or GED; Additional education strongly preferred.
• Five to seven years of field sales/marketing experience in the fine wine industry.
• Five years of territory management, including personnel supervision.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must have proven, amiable, and active relationships with top customers throughout assigned territory.
• Valid Driver's License required.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.