Under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, perform all duties of Maintenance Technician/Mechanic - Journey
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Winery & Facilities Maintenance 80%
• Under general supervision, install, troubleshoot and repair industrial and winery specific equipment which includes but is not limited to refrigeration equipment, chillers, compressors, heat exchangers, wastewater aerators, pumps, boilers, air compressors, clarifiers, presses, filters, hoists, electrical panels, etc.
• Perform mechanical tasks such as preventative maintenance, lubrication, filter replacing, and repairs to general industrial equipment including but not limited to all above facility and winery equipment.
• Document all repairs and modifications made.
• Disassemble and reassemble equipment; examine and test mechanisms on large and small pieces of machinery, adjust calibration to ensure equipment conforms to specifications and standards.
• Follow direction of department supervision in carrying out maintenance in an effective, safe and timely manner adhering to established standards, including OSHA requirements and using all required Personal Protective Equipment.
• Suggest modifications of equipment and/or processes to improve performance and to increase production.
• Maintain shop machines, tools and parts inventories in a clean and organized manner.
• Work with contractors and outside services providers, including compliance with insurance, safety and contractor guidelines.
Uses a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to perform assignments.
May perform non-certified welding, wiring and simple machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks.
Properties Maintenance 10%
Perform skilled and unskilled level repairs and modifications on buildings and grounds including:
Structural repairs such as carpentry, deck repairs, flooring, drywall, etc.
Perform repairs on plumbing and septic systems.
Interior and exterior electrical work including 120, 208, 480 VAC single and three phase power systems.
Interior and exterior painting including drywall and siding.
Organize and maintain maintenance shop with tools and materials for daily tasks.
Other Duties 10%
Maintain the organization of the workplace environment (shop and job sites), upholding organization, cleanliness and safety standards.
Gathering, organizing and recycling accumulated universal waste (light bulbs, batteries, etc.).
Event setup and support.
• 8-10 years’ experience in facility and winery maintenance or related industry
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Reading and writing in English and basic math abilities
• Demonstrated ability to work safely and maintain a safe work environment for self and team.
• Journeyman level mechanical abilities including mechanical PM’s, repairs, maintenance, troubleshooting.
• Valid CA Driver’s License (Class C)and an acceptable driving record are required.
• Will require work in all weather conditions, in-door and out-door (rain gear and suitable PPE provided).
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft office, Google, email/calendars.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and assembly documents.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Experience with CMMS system (Limble CMMS preferred)
• Welding, electrical, controls experience
Schedule: This is a 5-day/8-hour per day position, Mon–Fri 7:00am – 3:30pm. Schedule may fluctuate during harvest season and will require overtime as needed. Position may require call-ins for emergencies.
Compensation & Benefits:
Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Among others, full time benefits include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), paid vacation, paid volunteer work, paid family leave, 401K with employer match, and discounts on wines.
About HALL Family Wines:
HALL, WALT and BACA produce critically acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Zinfandels that stand among the best in the world. We are deeply committed to the production of exceptional wines that are reflections of the land from which the grapes are grown. We are proud leaders in sustainability, having built the first LEED Gold winery in California, in addition to our 11 certified sustainable (CCWA) Estate vineyards.
At HALL Family Wines, we strive to do the right thing, to follow responsible business practices and to give back to our communities. We believe in the philosophy of leaving the world better than we found it, a philosophy we have been putting into action for 50 years, both in business and through our family Foundation, established in 1977.
Hall Wines is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, if you enjoy working in an environment that prizes creativity, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.